Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 12:48 PM

4,997 posts, read 9,143,305 times

Advertisements

Fairhope is a nice place to live and visit the whole Alabama Gulf Coast is, it`s not heavn but it`s a nice area to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2009, 01:41 PM

272 posts, read 960,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAMELA M. View Post
I am a native of Fairhope, Al. but now live in Rome, Ga. My vote would be for Fairhope. There is so many activities and areas of interest for you and your family to enjoy and experience. And they all are within a short distance. While I love my Rome, Ga area and friends, it seems like such a drive to enjoy all the Atlanta area has to offer.
What does the Atlanta area have to offer that doesn't involve major traffic in every direction ? Much less stress and better overall life quality in lower Alabama.

Old 04-26-2009, 04:29 PM

432 posts, read 1,255,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7spider View Post
Take a look at todays paper, 4 people shot, 3 killed in Fairhope last night. That is just an example of crime and violence is everywhere. It's a sick world and that sickness is everywhere so be smart and watch yourself wherever you are.
My husband and I both read todays paper, and do not recall seeing any murders in Fairhope...so please enlighten me, 7 spider. I do recall hearing 3 murders in Athens Ga, a UGA professor doing the shooting. That is very unfortunate and sad, and yes, crime happens everywhere. We'll soon know what triggered this man to do this, as it is not the usual.

Old 04-26-2009, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by humacaena View Post
My husband and I both read todays paper, and do not recall seeing any murders in Fairhope...so please enlighten me, 7 spider. I do recall hearing 3 murders in Athens Ga, a UGA professor doing the shooting. That is very unfortunate and sad, and yes, crime happens everywhere. We'll soon know what triggered this man to do this, as it is not the usual.
Check the online Press Register under headines, some guy shot 4 people killing 3 somewhere between 98 and 181 it said, plus the nutjob in Athens Ga., never know. Why would I make this up ? Sometimes stories don't make the print edition, but if it happened after printed or it's breaking news it is posted in the online edition, hope that enlightens you. Click on the breaking news index on the left side of the web page and scroll down and you will see the story.

Last edited by 7spider; 04-26-2009 at 05:28 PM..

Old 04-28-2009, 10:27 AM

432 posts, read 1,255,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7spider View Post
Check the online Press Register under headines, some guy shot 4 people killing 3 somewhere between 98 and 181 it said, plus the nutjob in Athens Ga., never know. Why would I make this up ? Sometimes stories don't make the print edition, but if it happened after printed or it's breaking news it is posted in the online edition, hope that enlightens you. Click on the breaking news index on the left side of the web page and scroll down and you will see the story.
My apologies. Saw it the next morning and heard it on TV. It happened in Barnwell. This man lost it ,as his 4 yr old son was killed last year when he ran in front of a car...and it happened in front of this house where the ex wife lived. That is an unusual tragedy, and not the norm. This man had been in jail and in trouble with the law. He was NOT from Fairhope, and came to Barnwell community looking for his ex wife...and shot her and killed her relatives. Again, it happened in Barnwell, that falls in the Fairhope police jurisdiction but it is out in the country several miles south of town.
After 6 years living in Fairhope, I recall very few murders...a few months ago a sister killed the brother during a fight...but there has not been any stranger on stranger that I can remember.

Old 04-28-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by humacaena View Post
My apologies. Saw it the next morning and heard it on TV. It happened in Barnwell. This man lost it ,as his 4 yr old son was killed last year when he ran in front of a car...and it happened in front of this house where the ex wife lived. That is an unusual tragedy, and not the norm. This man had been in jail and in trouble with the law. He was NOT from Fairhope, and came to Barnwell community looking for his ex wife...and shot her and killed her relatives. Again, it happened in Barnwell, that falls in the Fairhope police jurisdiction but it is out in the country several miles south of town.
After 6 years living in Fairhope, I recall very few murders...a few months ago a sister killed the brother during a fight...but there has not been any stranger on stranger that I can remember.
No apologie needed, terrible tradgedy and very rare for the area. Gosh I hope no nutjob goes crazy when I get out there to do some fishing, lots of times I like to get out there at 3am.

Old 05-03-2009, 11:56 AM

114 posts, read 750,663 times
Default Fairhope is beautiful

I would chose southern Alabama over Atlanta. If your a big city person then Atlanta is where you want to be. If your looking to raise your family w/great schools, polite children, awsome community, growing area and great sports then come to Eastern Shores. Good Luck and you won't go wrong moving here I guarantee. I moved from the north east and it was the best move ever!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area