Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2011, 08:01 AM

46 posts, read 117,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moremoney View Post
I went to TK for two days, one day was in a lab with hands on tools. Drilling, tapping, counter-bore a block of aluminum. Wire a motor. Aline a pump shaft. And a few more things. Second day was classroom stuff. Add, subtract, reading, converting fractions, I think to see if you could walk and chew gum at the same time. The TK personnel came and talked to us. Told us if you didn't get a rejection letter in a week to ten days you would still be in the running. No letter. Got a phone call today, they want me to come for an interview next week. Just didn't know what to expect. The first two trips to TK were for AIDT. This one will be with TK.
Sounds like they are still doing it the same. I went for Operator so your interview will probably be a little different. They ask about different work situations you have had( problems, safety, trouble with co-workers) and how you handle each situation and why you believe TK should hire you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2011, 04:04 PM

10 posts, read 19,539 times
Anyone have any news?

Old 04-16-2011, 07:43 AM

46 posts, read 117,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moremoney View Post
Anyone have any news?
not yet u hear anything.

Old 04-17-2011, 10:38 AM

Went to my interview last Wed. and everything went well. They said I would be hearing something soon. Had a phone call Friday, said I would be invited for a meet an greet sometime in the next 2 to 4 weeks. Looking good! I think it will be for the melt shop.

Old 04-21-2011, 11:22 AM

4 posts, read 7,034 times
My husband has to go for AIDT interview next week. Does anyone know how long the process takes if you have experience. He has worked in the steel industry for about 18 years.

Old 04-24-2011, 06:50 PM

What I have gone through is first interview with AIDT, then you are invited to what they call a training class, it lasted two days. One day for hands on test, day two computer and class room test. If you do good at this you are invited for an interview with some of the supervisors from the plant. Next you are invited to a meet and greet. I've been working on this since Dec. 2010. Down to my meet and greet now, sometime in the next few weeks. ( I HOPE! ) Hope to get hired soon. It takes a while but I think it will be worth in. Good luck in your quest. Hope this helps you out some.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:52 AM

The other mills he worked in you just took a test and if you passed you got an interview with the supervisors. I know it's worth it in the long run but it seems like such a slow process.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:53 AM

Ok he went for interview with AIDT and they called over some people from TK and he interviewed with them also. Has this happened to anyone else? He didn't expect to talk to them the first time. They asked if he would be willing to go to Germany. Hope we hear some good news.

Old 05-01-2011, 04:41 PM

Looks like he may have spiked someones interest. Sounds good. I still haven't heard any thing yet, They did say it would be in the next 2 to 4 weeks. It's only been two. If you here anything else, let us know. Good luck and keep praying. Looks like we are the only ones on the forum anymore.

Old 05-01-2011, 11:56 PM

It does look like we are the only ones. I hope people didn't give up. I will be praying for you. Hope we all hear something soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area