Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 04:47 PM

1 posts, read 4,675 times

Advertisements

hi i live in az and i dont want 2 stay here. my family and i r thinking of moving 2 montana and i was wondering where would be the best place 2 live in montana. my mom doesnt like the cold but i do. she love the heat and i told her she could have her months of summer and i would have my months of fall and winter. we both like spring. we would probably fit in. we could finnally get a horse and acers we wanted if we moved there. i have moved before i use to live in washington and i hope montanna is something like that. ive seen the pictures of montanna and i love it. i want to live there so bad its so beautifull there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2010, 08:19 PM

1 posts, read 4,549 times
hi i would like to relocate to montana maybe billings how are the job prosaects

Old 08-29-2010, 01:02 AM

2 posts, read 8,502 times
Currently a single mom of two boys, ages 13 and 10, and living in Pennsylvania. Possibly marrying and moving to Billings, MT., but very apprehensive about the move. I hate the cold and really could do without snow, but like it enough to appreciate a beautiful morning covering of it. Are there good schools in and around Billings and is it a nice place for young boys to grow and prosper. I do have a son that is diagnosed as "bi-polar", does anyone have any information as to what special education opportunities are available for children with "special needs"?Any info on the school system and special education resources available would be greatly appreciated. The people that have posted previous comments seem very helpful and nice,,so i am hoping that i will hear back from some of the nice residents of Billings or surrounding cities.
Thank you for any advice and help you all could give.

Old 08-29-2010, 02:13 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,618,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygirlatheart01 View Post
Currently a single mom of two boys, ages 13 and 10, and living in Pennsylvania. Possibly marrying and moving to Billings, MT., but very apprehensive about the move. I hate the cold and really could do without snow, but like it enough to appreciate a beautiful morning covering of it. Are there good schools in and around Billings and is it a nice place for young boys to grow and prosper. I do have a son that is diagnosed as "bi-polar", does anyone have any information as to what special education opportunities are available for children with "special needs"?Any info on the school system and special education resources available would be greatly appreciated. The people that have posted previous comments seem very helpful and nice,,so i am hoping that i will hear back from some of the nice residents of Billings or surrounding cities.
Thank you for any advice and help you all could give.
Hello and welcome to the forum
Here is a link to get you started.
//www.city-data.com/forum/monta...-billings.html
The snow is really a consideration, and there is lots of ice. Schools here are being hit hard by the economy, maybe I would think really hard if you already have an IEP in place. Mental services are difficult here because of the isolation, but keep posting and we will try to help you.
Good luck

Old 08-29-2010, 04:39 PM

58 posts, read 76,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeMontanan View Post
Aren't the sick and dying trees terrible. Isn't it just sickening? .......we have those who have moved in and hug trees and create court fights ... so we can't log and Johnnie gets sick from the spray.
Oh yes, if it weren't for those dam liberals, environmentalists, tree-huggers and the rest of them, there wouldn't be any bark beetles.

What's become of this country anyway?

Old 08-29-2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svader65 View Post
I have heard in the past that Montana residents do not welcome any person that is a native of California.
That's probably because most of the people in Montana are actually New Yorkers or from Connecticut....

Besides what do they know? There are only like 1,100 native Californians, the rest of them are from Montana!

Lol

Old 08-29-2010, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzfan View Post
I don't want to shock you but the radical environmental movement is lead by old communists with nothing now to do. And if you think I'm a McCarthyite nut case for mentioning this, I was told

Yes, I heard that Gus Hall and Emma Goldman started the Sierra Club, and use the United Nations to carry out "Alien Orders" from Tralfmador.

And since I heard it, you can certainly take it as the gospel truth.

Old 02-17-2011, 12:03 AM

2 posts, read 7,992 times
I know this is an old thread but I've gotta defend Missoula... I have lived in both Bozeman and Missoula and while I love Bozeman I think Missoula is by far much more laid-back and friendly. It's also very clean...not sure why one of the previous posters thought it was dirty. It's kind of like Boulder without the social pressure. Also it's much warmer than most of MT...banana-belt and all that. Bozeman has majestic, breath-taking mountains but the Bitterroots are much more hike-able. Just depends on what you are looking for with the outdoorsy stuff. I've never lived in CDA so I cannot comment on that idea.

Old 02-17-2011, 12:22 AM

2 posts, read 7,992 times
Bozeman and Helena are also nice...but I agree that Missoula has the most to offer culturally. And the people are so happy and friendly (generalization, of course--there are always jerks everywhere!!). Try Missoula, people!!! (If you can find a job and can afford it...the downside...)

Old 02-17-2011, 09:00 AM

2 posts, read 8,502 times
Mt-7,
Thanks for answering my post. No one else has given any comments. My fiancee' has his family in Montana and has his heart set on moving all of us there as well.His sister is in the education field in Billings and has assured me that there are services available for a child with disabilities. However, Pa. seems to be farther ahead in taking care of special needs more so than other states.
Still looking for MORE posts to help me make an informed decision...if anyone out there has information that is beneficial to my concerns,i urge you to post and it will be greatly appreciated.
Again, thank you Mt-7..any further advice would be welcomed as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana