Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2010, 05:24 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,524,260 times

Advertisements

Snowing in Missoula today.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2010, 06:39 PM

1,219 posts, read 3,168,407 times
Snowing off and on here in Helena also...

Roads are worse in town then they are by our new digs 15 miles out of town.. Got a fire in the woodstove and I'm chewing on some jerkey from my 6.5 point elk.. (7 on 1 side 6 on the other... I like to call it a 7 though... Now if we could just get unpacked and get the house outside Belgrade rented or sold...

Can't complain, aside from the business stress of becoming a seller/landlord life is good!

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

TW232

Old 11-18-2010, 08:20 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,119,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf232 View Post
Snowing off and on here in Helena also...

Roads are worse in town then they are by our new digs 15 miles out of town.. Got a fire in the woodstove and I'm chewing on some jerkey from my 6.5 point elk.. (7 on 1 side 6 on the other... I like to call it a 7 though...

TW232
Congrats on a very nice bull Elk......not too many with antlers like that.

Speaking of Elk..................I just have to relate the following: ............This morning about 10 am, I'm sitting here at my computer and I just happened to look up ( I've got a large window right behing my computer).......what do I see but 19 cow Elk and 2 bulls ( 1 6x6 & 1 very big spike) just mosyin' on down my east fence line...just 75 feet from the house. This situation has happened (about 20 times) every late Oct & early Nov for the last 5 years. I'm on the floor of the valley just one mile from the mountains on the west side of the valley......in a timbered area.......about half way between Victor & Hamilton. This NEVER occurred prior to 5 years ago & I've been here 31 years. The normal "movement patterns" of these elk have been totally dis-rupted by the large number of wolves in THIS immediate area. Normally the elk would gradually work their way off of the floor (and not near houses) of the valley and head up into the mountains until the heavy snows hit. Now, they get about this far and seek the safety of semi-developed areas like this......a home about every 2000 to 3000 feet.

Just something to think about.................God only knows how many elk calves have been nailed by them within a mile of my place. I've only found
evidence of two kills this year, with my limited forays into the woods within a mile of my place. I'm sure I've only stumbled on 10% of what they've nailed in this area. Again, just a little 'food for thought'!

Old 11-18-2010, 08:35 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,119,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
Snowing in Missoula today.....
.........................Hey Wurzig................

I know you got a lot of "cold-weather clothes" for your daughter, and I hope she appreciates such a "thoughtful mom".............but did you ever think she'd be sitting in the stands at Washington/Grizzly Stadium with the temp arounf Zero ( and that's not figuring in the "wind-chill" factor with those "Hell_gate Canyon" winds whippin' on down into the area of the stadium.)

If the weather-man is correct, it could very well be zero late in the afternoon on Saturday. Let us know what her comments are when you speak to her after the game. GO GRIZ!!!!!

I just rec'd a revised weather alert on my DROID X...........low temps on Sat pm will be down around 10 to 15 during the game........................It's Tue and Wed when "the bottom will fall out". In some areas outside of Missoula {like down here in the Bitterroot) it may get to 15 to 20 below in the "wee hours of the morning.....like around 6 am".......Highs at mid-day will probably be around zero. If nothing else, an early cold-snap like this gets some new-comers to thinking: What the hell did I move here for???? ............. Can you say: "La Nina" !!!

Last edited by Montana Griz; 11-18-2010 at 09:42 PM.. Reason: Correction: Re low temps on Sat PM

Old 11-18-2010, 08:39 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,669,648 times
What a sight to see from your window Griz. I hear you about the wolves in your area. I spotted two today just east of Poplar. No, it was not a yote nor was it a dog, thing just was trotting along and looked at me over the shoulder. Grey and white, not fawn like the yotes. I nearly drove off the road. I was not expecting it at all. Wow.

Tib, I wish I was on some exotic location but I do a rotation in a clinic and it was my week to go. Lots of flu shots. I just take a book with me and stay off the internet for a few days, it is good for me to catch up on my reading. Aubrey Maturin, the sea captain books are my favorite.
And just a dusting with occasional inch of snow here, past Havre it is deeper.

Old 11-18-2010, 09:38 PM

299 posts, read 565,992 times
Default "The Spectre of Chaos Case..."

(Scene opens at Rez's place.. He's in the kitchen, stirring a pot of something purple, and looking very pleased with himself.)

( RINNNNNNNNNNNG !!! .... RINNNNNNNNNNNNNG !!! ... RINNNNNNNNNNNG !!! )

... "Hello?" ...

... "Robin .. Get ready for action ... things are even worse than I thought !!" ......... "There's even been an imposter posting as MT-7 a little earlier ... obviously to throw us off the track.. But we won't be so easily fooled."

... "WOW ... This IS serious.. ... Uh .. I was watching the sky ... I didn't see an Bunny sign."

... " I didn't use it ... I just COULDN'T ... It's a freaking BUNNY !!! ... It's bad enough I gotta wear this suit ... I couldn't put it up on a cloud for EVERYONE to see." ...........
But we'll deal with that later... 7's in BIG trouble... And it looks like there are TWO major players involved... Something VERY big is going down, and it looks like they wanted 7 out of the way... I only hope we're not too late..

... "WOW ... Well, I'M ready ... I'll meet you at the ... uh ... hutch. (snicker)

... " I KNOW you're not LAUGHING ..."

... "Sorry, I was just imagining you in a BUNNY suit ... (HAHAHAHAHA)

... "Well, go ahead and laugh ... I'll get MY turn at the ... uh ... hutch ....... LOOK, lets just call it the Cave and save us BOTH alot of grief." ......... "And, by the way, that bird group got their injunction ... so no robin suit for you .... (snicker).."

... "WHAT??? .... I'M NOT WEARING ANY DAMN PRAIRIE DOG SUIT.. ... I'LL GO NAKED FIRST !!!"

... "No, you won't have to wear a prairie dog suit ... I promise ... (snicker)" ........ "OH .. and this is a family forum, so no nudity... You HAVE to wear a suit."

... " Then what will I be wearing? "

... "You'll see ... Now QUICKLY ... to the .. uh .. CAVE !!!"

( 10 minutes later, in a cave in the nearby mountains ) ... ( I know 10 minutes is quick, but this is rural MONTANA .... there's not much traffic.)

... " ROBIN .... good ... there's no time to lose ... your costume's in the dressing room ... And look .. to avoid confusion ... lets just keep calling each other Batman and Robin.. To HELL with the courts, and the lawyers ......... and that damn PETA."

... "Fine by me." .... "Where's YOUR suit?"

... "I'm gonna put it on now." ..... "I'll change out here."

(Robin goes into the other room to put on his new costume)

... "WHAT THE HELL???? ....... NO WAY !!!"

... "JUST PUT IT ON ..... I'M GONNA WEAR MINE, TOO."

(Robin exits the room in his new costume ... still a little in shock)

... " I'M A GUINEA PIG !!! ...... A FREAKIN' GUINEA PIG !!! "

... (from behind curtain where Batman is changing) .. "Quit complaining ... and actually ... you're a hamster."

... "WHAT !! ..... A HAMSTER !! ...... NO WAY !!!"

... "Don't worry about it .... you'll feel better in a second." .......... "And you can tell everyone that you're a guinea pig if you want ... who'll know the difference."

(Batman steps through the curtain)

... " OH .. MY .. GOD !!! "

... "Yeah .. I know." ...... " If this wan't for MT-7 ... I'd NEVER do this."

... "You look like the EASTER BUNNY !!!"

... " I KNOW ....... sigh"

... "Oh my God ... look at those FEET .... they're ENORMOUS !!"

... "The girls making it DIDN'T KNOW I'm an ACTION hero .. they thought it was for a party." ......

... " And the EARS???"

... "Yeah ... well, it IS a bunny ..... like I said ... they didn't know."

... "Couldn't you just take the feet and ears off?"

... "Believe me ... I've tried .... the girls did GREAT work ....... I tried to get all 5 pieces off ... but no luck."

... " Five pieces?"

(Batman turns around)

... " Oh my God ... a TAIL, TOO? "

... "ROBIN ... There's NO TIME to waste worrying about this now ... 7's in danger.. ... If ANYTHING happend to her, we'd NEVER forgive ourselves.. ....... and we'd end up with only your purple stew to eat.."

... "HEY !!! .. What's wrong with my stew?"

... "Nothing, but 7 IS a great cook."

... "That's true .. she is. ..... And she makes a GREAT potato salad, too."

... "Then lets get going ..... THE GAME'S AFOOT !!." ........ "Uh ... you go on ahead ... its gonna take me a minute .... and you're gonna have to drive."

... " SO ... Exactly what's going on?"

... " I'll explain on the way ..... but its big ..... BIG !!! "

( with a screech and a cloud of dust, the long sleek black car ...... with two long pink ears sticking out the top ...... carrying Bunnyman and Hamster zooms down the road ... with a plaintive cry echoing into the night.)

...... ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM

... " I'M A GUINEA PIG !!! "

I have to go for a few hours ............ TO BE CONTINUED .. (hopefully, later tonite)...

tiberius

Old 11-18-2010, 10:19 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,669,648 times
Seven shakes head and re reads previous post. LOL!

So I did not see two wolves today huh? Just the dynamic duo incognito?
No more late night snack for you my friend. See what it does to your imagination?

Old 11-19-2010, 12:07 AM

8,087 posts, read 15,151,624 times
Little did Tiberius realise when he tasted Rez's purple stew.... that it was made from only the finest wild mushrooms... selected by Rickers.

[Rez refills bubbling pot on stove and settles back to await a fresh victim. Rez needs entertainment.]

Old 11-19-2010, 01:49 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,058,632 times
Default Ricker's topsy turvy world needs a bit of sunshine.

The weather won't co-operate so I had to do it myself.
The base photo was a fancy gold rimmed china tea cup plate.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_9a8nDInPVGE/TOWo8zbl28I/AAAAAAAAHhE/lSQ6FzGNE2o/s512/IMG_1952.JPG (broken link)

Old 11-19-2010, 09:31 AM

451 posts, read 998,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-7 View Post
Aubrey Maturin, the sea captain books are my favorite.
...and always worth the time to re-read with an encyclopedia and Atlas handy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberius
... " I'M A GUINEA PIG !!! "
Could be worse. Ever hear of the super hero Chicken Man?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana