Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2014, 12:26 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times

Advertisements

Working from home today. Got up at 5:30 am and fired up the smoker. Took all the trout I had left in the freezer and put in a brine for the last 30+ hours, it's on the smoker as I type this.

Then I got a whole front shoulder of a hog thats been rubbed and ready to go next. Making pulled smoked BBQ for the winter months. BBQ's, pork soups, pulled pork and scrambled eggs.. You get the picture...

Have a few friends coming over tonight, so making some cheese stuffed, bacon wrapped jalepeno poppers, I butterflied a few hunks of backstrap and I'm going to broil those with blue cheese crumbles in the middle, making some black eyed peas and gravy, gonna mix up some fresh smoked trout dip with crackers.... Feast tonight for sure!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2014, 12:39 PM

160 posts, read 301,062 times
Boy that sure sounds tasty 3Run!

Old 01-01-2015, 12:19 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times
Too funny. Went to the neighbors for new years. Come hone about 11:20. Got to watching Duck Dynasty and about 00:20 realized I missed "HAPPY NEW YEAR.". Oh well, I'm going to bed once I catch up around here. hahaha

Old 01-01-2015, 09:54 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Well HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my friends in MT! Hope at a minimum it's no worse than last year.

Old 01-01-2015, 08:29 PM

Happy New Years folks. Hope this one is a good one.

Back in 1963,, my cousin was the first baby born in the state. He was the New Years Baby, for South Dakota, as such, he won a lot of stuff. He got clothes, he got gift certificates, he got a bottle of champaign corked that day, etc One of the gifts donated ended up being costly for the donating party. The won free diaper service for two years. Remember, back then there were no disposable diapers, they were cloth. They equipped my Aunt with a couple diaper pails and would pick up diapers, every other day, and drop off clean ones. This service was out of Pierre South Dakota. My Aunt and Uncle run a little dry land farm down by Draper South Dakota, so, they lived 47 miles out of town. Businesses back then were trustworthy and reliable. That company showed up to exchange diapers, more reliable than the milk and egg truck. For two years they held to their word.

I talked to my cousin this morning to wish him a happy birthday and asked him if he'd ever cracked open that champaign and was it any good. Nope, its still unopened.

Old 01-04-2015, 08:31 PM

Well, its official, my head is cold.

After the surgery, back in June, the surgeon told me that in about 5% of the patients that have a oproblem with loss of minerals, 'may' have their hair fall out. A couple of months ago, I would comb my hair and the comb looked like a hair nest. The last time i got a hair cut, or even had it trimmed, was in April of 2009, so my hair was well down over my shoulder blades, and my beard was well past my belly button area. The last week, my hair started coming out in clumps. It was just thin, but with clumps coming out, it was time tondo something. On Saturday, I shaved my head. Damn is it chilly. In the winter, I normally wear a Scotch Hat. Now I started wearing it with the ear flaps down. Also, my hats are way too big know.

Old 01-05-2015, 10:00 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post

After the surgery, back in June, the surgeon told me that in about 5% of the patients that have a oproblem with loss of minerals, 'may' have their hair fall out. A couple of months ago, I would comb my hair and the comb looked like a hair nest. The last time i got a hair cut, or even had it trimmed, was in April of 2009, so my hair was well down over my shoulder blades, and my beard was well past my belly button area. The last week, my hair started coming out in clumps. It was just thin, but with clumps coming out, it was time tondo something. On Saturday, I shaved my head. Damn is it chilly. In the winter, I normally wear a Scotch Hat. Now I started wearing it with the ear flaps down. Also, my hats are way too big know.
Maybe it's time to not only wear a hat but drink Scotch as well!
Just heard from my buddy in C-Falls, over a foot dumped overnight, more coming. Flathead schools are all closed and roof shoveling is starting.

Stay safe y'all!

Old 01-05-2015, 01:43 PM

I left goose hunting early this weekend. I was in Glasgow Fri-Sun. Friday night it was 34 degrees and in the morning it was −10. Very light snow fell overnight. Had a great day hunting geese on Saturday, then watched the weather report and noticed pretty much everything south of Havre was getting hammered. I was going to hunt Sunday morning and leave around 2p.m., but decided to boogie out of there 7:30a.m. on Sunday.

Man were they right. Glasgow to Havre was not a problem, but by 11:00a.m. it was laying it down in Havre and points south. Drove in a pretty steady 'almost white-out' from Havre to Loma, then Ft. Benton to Great Falls was like driving on crushed ice. Nasty. I see today they closed 87 both lanes from GF to Loma.

Well hunting season is over for me. Had a good year, lotsa fun, but not gonna drive that far in this kinda crud again, lol.

Old 01-05-2015, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post

Get one of those Mad Bomber fur lined hats. I love mine- keeps the noggin nice and toasty!

Old 01-05-2015, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Get one of those Mad Bomber fur lined hats. I love mine- keeps the noggin nice and toasty!
My brother told me it was time the break out a stocking cap. I have ONE. I use it hunting, its bright orange, but you know what? Warm is warm. I broke it out, its on the coat hook by the door. I'll put it on in the morning when I head out to take snow readings.

Speaking of snow readings, its been snowing here, all day. Time to plow again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana