Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 10:07 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,584,434 times

Advertisements

Does Liverwurst count??

I have never liked liver, even in pate.

Original subject:

Montana is what the individual makes of it, the same as anywhere.
If you are friendly you make friends, if you want solitude, lots of that here too.

Most people I know judge you on who you are, not the facade you put up for public consumption.

Good Luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2010, 10:21 AM

19,783 posts, read 22,680,815 times
I love Braunschweiger (sp).. Kind of like liverwurst but has more 'stuff' in it, lol. The wife mixes it up with cream cheese, onions, some spices and makes a great chip-dip with it.

Not heart healthy, but oh, sooooo gooooood!

Old 12-15-2010, 11:33 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,070,967 times
Default I love Meatballs. ~♥~ It's a feeding frenzy.

Wait a minute I didn't say fish tales, I said fish tails.
We dry them and make Frisbees out of them to toss for fun. We stoop pretty low when we get tired of horseshoes with toitie seats !

The fish stories are actually true. Like the time I rowed out to the middle of a meatball in the narrows of the Puget Sound at 4:00 in the morning.
My oars were pushed up out of the the oarlocks by Orcas on both sides of my skiff.
I was hoping for a salmon to jump into my skiff.
My oar blades were on the Orcas backs as they rose on each side of my skiff at the same time to blow. I got a shower of blow spray from the whales and have fish tale that is the truth to tell.

I also caught a 26 inch long Brook trout at the 1/4 circle Bridge in Glacier Park several years back. I gave it to a tourist. I didn't want to eat it and that thing needed to be removed from the Flathead river system.
I hear they have found evidence of tiny invasive foreign Mussel specie in Flathead Lake now. That's going to cost the tribes with clogging up the conduits in the dam and cause all kinds of maintenance nightmares for them.
Whats next for this state ? First is Californians, then it's Mussels, next we will have Wild Hogs with big sharp tusks, Nutria, and cold weather Crocs and Gators and Snow Monkeys ! I already have a couple of Snow Apes, I keep in my barn. I want to start either a side show or a wild life sanctuary, I just can't figure what category "The Cousins" fall into. ~ ~

Well maybe that tale about keeping cousins in a barn is made up but the fish stories about the Orcas and The Brookie are True. ~♥~
Later I'll tell you about my Octopus hunting and how to cook the best part of the Octopus. I'll give you a hint ~~ the best part of the Octopus does not have any suction cups and does not require teeth to eat. It also has zero fishy taste, just plain delicious tempura fried.
Anything is great tempura fried with my original all purpose sauce recipe.
I'm a klutz in the cocina but I can cook up a recipe.

Later on (in a few minutes or a day or two), I'll post my Recipe for my version of the BLT on the proper board (most likely on the visiting porch). I call it the BLD for bacon, lettuce and delicious !

Now If we don't want to shoot the OP, well have to either shoot pictures or shoot the chit in the chade on the chit chootin porch.

Last edited by Rickers; 12-15-2010 at 12:54 PM..

Old 12-15-2010, 12:41 PM

451 posts, read 999,582 times
Heck - it's all good, so long as it has onions in it.

EH hasn't been kicking out butts lately for off-topic stuff. Hope he's okay with his health issues.

Meanwhile, back at the OP:

Kippy -

I should occur to you by now that we won't shoot you, so head over to the Porch thread for general discussion.

Also, ask whatever else you like regarding Montana, its environs, its weather, its people.

mg

Old 12-15-2010, 05:53 PM

52 posts, read 79,659 times
Timberwolf,
I do not remember the specifics of the posts that did not openly welcome transplants so no need for apologies even though I have a big heart I do have a very strong backbone so I can take a lot

I do really appreciate all the nice welcomes from all of you...you do know how to make a girl feel welcome

Old 12-17-2010, 11:04 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,069,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montygarlic View Post
EH hasn't been kicking out butts lately for off-topic stuff. Hope he's okay with his health issues.

Meanwhile, back at the OP:
You are correct. I have been gone. I just got out of the hospital this afternoon.

But you are correct, several threads are getting pretty wobbly and need to clean up their act. I have neither the time or strength to clean them up for everybody.

EH

Old 12-18-2010, 04:03 PM

52 posts, read 79,659 times
What are the rules for the porch thread? Is it subject specific?

Old 12-18-2010, 04:27 PM

451 posts, read 999,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaska961 View Post
What are the rules for the porch thread? Is it subject specific?
No it is not. That is where we go to just hang out, be ourselves and generally misbehave. Think: That 70's Show, particularly the smoke-filled basement scenes at the end of each episode.

Well, some of us, anyway... See you there soon.

mg

Old 12-19-2010, 11:43 AM

214 posts, read 601,970 times
Going back to your original question,.....moving to the right state is like picking the right partner to spend your life with. It's always a gamble. But considering all the troubles the southwest is having these days, where I came from, my decision to make Montana my home looks better every day,...like hitting the jackpot at Jackpot! But really, in the final anylsis, a crystal ball only sees glass. You need to come visit.

You'll always find good people here to answer your questions on these posts about telling you all the pluses and minuses of living here,....but keep in mind, so many states in the west are having monumental fiscal problems and taxes on everything will be going up in those states. They will find all kinds of ways to collect revenue to make up for this shortfall,.....and you will notice it in your everyday life. I just got back from New Mexico and it's scary the taxes they're talking about raising. Montana has weathered the storm a lot better than most. So where does that leave you?

Old 12-19-2010, 03:07 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,070,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montygarlic View Post
That 70's Show, particularly the smoke-filled basement scenes at the end of each episode. mg
You didn't actually watch the 70s show did you ?
I never watched stuff like that and if I did I sure as heck wouldn't admit it ! OMG.

I did watch some TV back in the day though, Andy Griffith, Bonanza etc.
I must have been a odd kid. My favorite show was Lawrence Welk.
Movies, movies and more movies were my TV fodder other that it was and still is movies and music to this day.
I will admit to enjoying a bit of Jerry Seinfeld once in a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
View detailed profiles of: