U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 01-12-2011, 01:15 PM
 
Location: Great Falls, Montana
3,994 posts, read 3,646,016 times
Reputation: 1335

Advertisements

Quote:
.. Priest said that he uses the term, "...without any disrespect to the President or to anybody who might like the bill...because that's how it's known and it's easy, and it was a signature achievement of his administration."
Term "Obamacare" stirs controversy in Montana Senate | KXLH.com | Helena, Montana

A bag of crap by any other name is still a bag of crap .. the name stuck .. it's short, sweet, and to the point .. some legislators need to quit doing so much boot licking, get over themselves, and get down to the business of legislating .. if they don't like the term "Obamacare" .. let them introduce legislation that forbids the use of the term ..

What say you?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-12-2011, 03:36 PM
 
Location: NW Montana
451 posts, read 921,652 times
Reputation: 384
Take it to the Politics Forum.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2011, 05:04 PM
 
189 posts, read 313,644 times
Reputation: 220
They called Vietnam "Nixon's War" even though he didn't get the US involved. Let them call the Iraq War "Bush's War" - it is. And I'm reasonably sure that folks will eventually call Afghanistan "Obama's War" too.

Who cares what words parasite politicians use to describe their legitimized theft and enslavement of the citizenry. They are all a bunch of damned liars, and we would be better off without any of them.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2011, 05:25 PM
 
Location: Spots Wyoming
18,696 posts, read 39,219,899 times
Reputation: 2147483647
If this threaed wants to discuss Montana's politicians, then fine. National??? Take it to Politics and Other Controversies.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2011, 05:36 PM
 
Location: Great Falls, Montana
3,994 posts, read 3,646,016 times
Reputation: 1335
Yes .. I've heard it refered to as Bush's war too .. not a problem really, because when you look at it, it is.

I don't know .. with our local economies the way they are, I think it might be just a bit pointless to be splitting hairs over something like this .. that's why I mentioned it .. lets save the pettiness for D.C.

I say lets forget about what should be called what and get down to what matters the most .. like the 2011 budget shortfall for instance ..
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2011, 07:33 PM
GLS
 
1,985 posts, read 5,105,398 times
Reputation: 2458
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
If this threaed wants to discuss Montana's politicians, then fine. National??? Take it to Politics and Other Controversies.
I agree. Relevant to Montana, other than Harry Reid, didn't more support come from Senator Max Baucus than any other Senator? Would it be more acceptable to the Montana legislature to call it "Baucuscare"?

PS Not being able to refrain from my personal opinion, as a healthcare practitioner I think it should be called, "Cramitdownyourthroat& shove it up yourB*ttCare"........but that's just me.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2011, 10:54 PM
 
Location: Great Falls, Montana
3,994 posts, read 3,646,016 times
Reputation: 1335
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
I agree. Relevant to Montana, other than Harry Reid, didn't more support come from Senator Max Baucus than any other Senator? Would it be more acceptable to the Montana legislature to call it "Baucuscare"?

PS Not being able to refrain from my personal opinion, as a healthcare practitioner I think it should be called, "Cramitdownyourthroat& shove it up yourB*ttCare"........but that's just me.
Ha .. Good One

And as far as Max is concerned? .. he's toast in my book .. IMHO I'd much rather see our man Denny Rehberg go after his seat than Jon Tester's ..
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2011, 01:23 PM
 
152 posts, read 310,607 times
Reputation: 108
It should be called the Obama Poverty Creation Act of 2010. Who was whining about the name? There are 770 Billion dollars in Taxes in the monster and a massive only partially funded medicaid liability for every state. This single bill has done more to destroy jobs, and will do more to bankrupt state than anything that has come before it. Bye Bye economic growth, bye bye school funding, etc.... The whole thing lies at the feet of Max Attack. So again, which tweedle dee (Baucus) and tweedle dum (Tester) shill is whining about it? These two bozos are one of the four greatest threats to the health of this state; forest fires and environmentalist would be the other two. Seeing that Tweedle dee has watched massive swaths of this state burn, the reintroduction of wolves, a complete inability to help the state fight environmentalist, and now this poverty spreader of a bill, would make him the primary causes of the troubles of Montana. Tweedle Dum is just a dough boy reliably ready to roll over when needed. Heck he even betrayed the farmers markets of Montana by voting for the food safety bill. Again who was the shill?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2011, 04:49 PM
GLS
 
1,985 posts, read 5,105,398 times
Reputation: 2458
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's cathedral View Post
It should be called the Obama Poverty Creation Act of 2010. Who was whining about the name? There are 770 Billion dollars in Taxes in the monster and a massive only partially funded medicaid liability for every state. This single bill has done more to destroy jobs, and will do more to bankrupt state than anything that has come before it. Bye Bye economic growth, bye bye school funding, etc.... The whole thing lies at the feet of Max Attack. So again, which tweedle dee (Baucus) and tweedle dum (Tester) shill is whining about it? These two bozos are one of the four greatest threats to the health of this state; forest fires and environmentalist would be the other two. Seeing that Tweedle dee has watched massive swaths of this state burn, the reintroduction of wolves, a complete inability to help the state fight environmentalist, and now this poverty spreader of a bill, would make him the primary causes of the troubles of Montana. Tweedle Dum is just a dough boy reliably ready to roll over when needed. Heck he even betrayed the farmers markets of Montana by voting for the food safety bill. Again who was the shill?
Your comments on the coming impact of Obamacare are perceptive, but sadly true. Adding 31 million people, mostly to the Medicaid roles will be like inviting my wife's relatives to a "potluck" and they promise they will bring something..........this time.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2011, 05:57 PM
 
152 posts, read 310,607 times
Reputation: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
Your comments on the coming impact of Obamacare are perceptive, but sadly true. Adding 31 million people, mostly to the Medicaid roles will be like inviting my wife's relatives to a "potluck" and they promise they will bring something..........this time.
Or a yard with a trout pond with my relatives. lol. Thanks
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top