Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2006, 12:23 AM

31 posts, read 107,393 times

Advertisements

hello again, all. as related to my previous thread below (on the NORTH DAKOTA pages), i just wanted to see if anybody had any leads for rental housing in these areas IN MONTANA - knowing full well that pickings will be scarce in both states in that area. thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenholden View Post
hello all! \

my wife and i are planning our next move, and wanted to blindly land and try out a new area of the world, as we usually do; and after a lot of research - trying to find small towns where it's safe, quiet, clean, and easy going (very "mayberry / andy griffith-like") - we have finally narrowed down the possible states to NORTH DAKOTA, the counties to GOLDEN VALLEY COUNTY and BILLINGS COUNTY, and the towns to BEACH, GOLVA, MEDORA, and SENTINEL BUTTE...

so if anybody would be kind enough to give their slants (i.e. all the pro's and con's) of that part of NORTH DAKOTA, we would greatly appreciate it.

if it helps: i'm a 45 year old actor and filmmaker, and she's a 35 year old retired model turned fashion designer. we don't need to find jobs, but we would need to find a house top rent.

almost forgot, when we looked at the MEDORA area on the map, we, of course, saw the NORTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD running right through it, and feel compelled to ask if that would be a "problem" in any way, shape, or form. meaning, i have friends who live in colorado springs and they say a railroad has really become a noise issue with them.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR TIME AND CONSIDERATION.

sincerely, Larry Holden and Hanne Kristiansen

PS: we usually shoot a film wherever we live, so if anybody out there is interested in getting involved in some capacity, feel free to let me know. for more info: removed

Last edited by Marka; 09-08-2006 at 03:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2006, 08:59 AM

462 posts, read 1,710,937 times
Larry, a good place to look for rentals, housing swaps, places for sale etc. is Craig's List. just go to craigslist.org and see what is listed. Good luck. I don't know that area at all. Sorry I can't help more.

Old 09-09-2006, 01:43 PM

Default thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyflyfsh View Post
Larry, a good place to look for rentals, housing swaps, places for sale etc. is Craig's List. just go to craigslist.org and see what is listed. Good luck. I don't know that area at all. Sorry I can't help more.
THANKS. VERY SWEET OF YOU. HEARD OF IT (CRAIG'S LIST). WILL CHECK IT OUT. THANKS AGAIN! THE HELP PEOPLE OFFER HERE TO ABSOLUTE STRANGERS REALLY WARMS MY HEART, RENEWS MY FAITH IN PEOPLE A BIT. THANKS.

Old 09-13-2006, 10:36 PM

Default please help

please help. i know there must be somebody out there that's either from or still living in that area of Montana... right? really need a hand. thanks!

Old 09-15-2006, 10:39 PM
MHT

434 posts, read 2,258,306 times
Default Montana

What area are you looking at? I must have missed that in your previous post.

Old 09-16-2006, 12:38 AM

Default rental home needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHT View Post
What area are you looking at? I must have missed that in your previous post.
Anywhere right across the border of Golden Valley and Billing County in North Dakota. Thanks so much for your help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
View detailed profiles of: