Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2007, 11:40 AM

81 posts, read 397,235 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are thinking of moving here. Currently we live in Washington state and we're SICK of the high cost of living....you can't even get a home in a non-ghetto for under 200k. And that's CHEAP compared to most places in washington.

We're also sick of the constant rain. It rains, i'd say...maybe 80% of the year...the rest is snow in the winter and a verrrry tiny bit of sun.

So...my question is:

Does it rain in Montana more than it gets sunny? (doesn't have to be warm, just no rain please!)
And does it snow very hard in the winter for a long time? My car isn't very "snow friendly"

thanks in advance!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2007, 01:01 PM

75 posts, read 520,514 times
Much drier on the east side of the Rockies. But, still cold. And, did I mention it was COLD.

Cheers

Old 10-08-2007, 02:40 PM

1,153 posts, read 4,539,705 times
It snowed three inches two days ago. At the valley floor in Bozeman. So yes, it snows. I've seen it snow on the 4th of July.

Old 10-08-2007, 11:29 PM

1,309 posts, read 2,806,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostPoet View Post
My wife and I are thinking of moving here. Currently we live in Washington state and we're SICK of the high cost of living....you can't even get a home in a non-ghetto for under 200k. And that's CHEAP compared to most places in washington.
Its hard to find that here anymore either

We're also sick of the constant rain. It rains, i'd say...maybe 80% of the year...the rest is snow in the winter and a verrrry tiny bit of sun.
Having lived in WA for many yrs myself,i can tell you no,it does not rain as much as WA.

So...my question is:

Does it rain in Montana more than it gets sunny? (doesn't have to be warm, just no rain please!)
And does it snow very hard in the winter for a long time? My car isn't very "snow friendly"
depending on where you are,yes you can see lot of snow,however some yrs more than others. front wheel drive with studs,or studs and 4x4 is advised.

thanks in advance!!
Having said all that ,we love the difference in weather here.we were starting to rust

Old 10-08-2007, 11:43 PM

495 posts, read 487,497 times
Western Montana is considered to be in the Northwest weather pattern, not much sun in the winter - East of the divide is different
Also you might not find it much cheaper living/housing here. But that's all relative, depending where you are coming from....there certainly are alot cheaper places to live in America especially when it comes to realestate.

Old 10-12-2007, 10:19 PM

75 posts, read 520,514 times
Lets see. The median price of a house in Ronan, Montana was $89,000 in 2005. Moderator cut: referring to deleted message

Last edited by Mattie Jo; 10-13-2007 at 07:49 AM.. Reason: referring to deleted information

Old 10-12-2007, 10:46 PM

1,639 posts, read 4,690,516 times
Western Montana can get down right depressing during the dead of winter....weeks without sun, but it will not be as rainy as Seattle.

Old 10-12-2007, 10:48 PM

6 posts, read 30,747 times
Something is wrong with Daniel. Clearly he is against any new people moving to Montana. He proves that every time he posts. Like that's going to sway someone's decision.
Growth is necessary. This is the United States. Not some foreign boundary you need to defend. Nobody is invading your state except people who have a right to move there, if they so choose.

Be as rude as you'd like. It carries no weight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
View detailed profiles of: