Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2010, 11:59 AM

2 posts, read 2,039 times

Advertisements

Recently my mother opened a buisness to further our lives and so far it's been quite the journey. She went into the hospital a few days ago and we are unsure of when she will be returning home. Even after returning home i'm not sure how much she'll be able to put forth. Anyways I am looking into financing our buisness and am at a complete loss as to what and how to do this. I have an idea/help on getting my buisness plan done but from there what do i do? We are The Milk Pail "sweet shoppe". our main product is a swirl freeze ice cream. it's custom ice cream made to your taste. We also have other candies and novelties within the store but our biggest seller is the ice cream. What do i do or research more on how to get a small buisness loan. we only really need the loan to finalize the purchase of our building which is leased out to us right now. everything else has been taken care of out of my moms pocket. aka her squirl money. Please help! Any assistance or more information. THANKS

Last edited by ElkHunter; 09-22-2010 at 12:15 PM.. Reason: Removed email address. DM me if you have questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2010, 12:10 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,064,665 times
It's simple If I can do it anyone can. Just write down your plan about what you need the money for to improve your business and go to your bank and apply for a commercial loan. If you don't get the answers you want then go bank shopping.

Old 09-22-2010, 12:22 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,654,259 times
Here is a really good site that goes into detail on what a good business plan should look like, what your thought process should focus on and how determine cash needs. Just hit launch presentation. SBA Business Planning Course#

The state of Montana also has small business development centers located all throughout the state staffed with folks that can assist you (small businesses) plan for or prepare plans, financing packages etc..
Their site is Montana Department of Commerce - SBDC Montana

Additionally Baucus Bill Will Help With Loans for Rural Business | Max Baucus | U.S. Senator from Montana check USDA for micro-loans

and Missoula Area Economic Development Corp has assistance statewide for small businesses.

Good luck!

Old 09-22-2010, 08:51 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,159,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkpail View Post
We are The Milk Pail "sweet shoppe". our main product is a swirl freeze ice cream. it's custom ice cream made to your taste.
Now that's an interesting concept. Do you mean you add flavourings on the spot and quick-freeze it, or what? is it cones or boxed ice cream or both? Where are you located, anyway?

Oh, and best of luck with the loan!

Old 09-23-2010, 11:47 AM

1,219 posts, read 3,169,388 times
Ditto the last question... Sounds like a cool place. I've got 2 kids that LOOOOVVVVEEE ice cream. Are you near Bozeman or Helena?

Old 10-07-2010, 11:58 AM

2 posts, read 2,039 times
We are in Dillon. It's about 2 hours away from bozeman. By the Idaho boarder
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana