Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 09:21 AM

54 posts, read 137,857 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Anyone have any information about Cut Bank? Thinking of moving there, have a good job offer....

I've been there, and used to live in SW MT (yes, I know it will be different!

Just looking for random thoughts on the place, people, and so on...from those who live/lived there.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2012, 08:07 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,934,050 times
It's near the Blackfoot Reservation. To me that is more than enough reason to stay far away. Isolated, depressing, and crime-ridden. No thanks.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:54 PM

3 posts, read 6,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoeagle View Post
it's near the blackfoot reservation. To me that is more than enough reason to stay far away. Isolated, depressing, and crime-ridden. No thanks.
lol

Old 12-04-2012, 08:58 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,355,088 times
No mall. No Wal Mart. No Starbucks. Is there a McDonald's there now? Have not been there for a few years. But, Cut Bank does not change much. Lots of cold wind in the winter. Dress warm.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:44 AM

6,756 posts, read 8,577,289 times
Cutbank is just another small town on the Hi-line with a small population, cold winters, and isolation from some of the amenities of larger towns.

That said, the community is very tight knit, there are quite a few activities each year put on by local groups, lots of history, close to Glacier Park, and lots of hunting and fishing opportunities.
Cut Bank Montana, Area Chamber of Commerce

I haven't spent a lot of time there, but the people were friendly, there is a lot of agriculture in the area, lots of wildlife to see.
Cut Bank, Montana : Information and Pictures of Cut Bank, MT

If you have an intrest in Palentology, there are a lot of fossils in the area and some very significant finds have been made in the area.
Egg Mountain in Central Montana's Russell Country

I have nothing against Cut Bank, I always thought it was a nice little town in my opinion.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:50 PM

Thanks for the insight MTSilvertip. I thought the people there were very friendly too.

As for no Walmart and Starbucks...well, I'll be nice. Like I said, I've spent a few days there, and have lived over on the western side of the mtns, so I'm aware of Browning and all that entails..been there. I find it hard to believe Cut Bank is crime ridden though...maybe keeping projectiles in your yard when the wind blows, that's a crime.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:53 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,934,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowmon View Post
Thanks for the insight MTSilvertip. I thought the people there were very friendly too.

As for no Walmart and Starbucks...well, I'll be nice. Like I said, I've spent a few days there, and have lived over on the western side of the mtns, so I'm aware of Browning and all that entails..been there. I find it hard to believe Cut Bank is crime ridden though...maybe keeping projectiles in your yard when the wind blows, that's a crime.
I don't know if Cut Bank itself is crime-ridden but most reservations fit that bill. As close as that town is to the rez I would want to stay far away.

Old 12-06-2012, 07:52 AM

Wyo-It is close you are right, but then I've lived in Lander, which borders the Wind River reservation and didn't notice much crime as a result. Hopefully Cut Bank is the same.

Any residents of Cut Bank/Shelby out there?

Old 12-06-2012, 07:58 AM

6,756 posts, read 8,577,289 times
There are very few regular posters on this board, and the only one that used to post from that area was Rickers in Conrad, but I haven't seen anything from him in quite a while.

My best advice since you know the town, is go for it!

You are the best one to decide if what the place has to offer is good for you. Everyone has their own biases and opinion, so you will only get an opinion about the place shaded by what someone else thinks which may or may not line up with what you think.

Cut Bank or any other small town on the Hi-line has the usual problems of isolation and cold weather, probably not a lot of jobs, but personally I LIKE isolation and small close knit communities.

Do what is best for you no matter if everyone agrees with you or not.

Good Luck

Old 12-06-2012, 12:58 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,050,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
No mall. No Wal Mart. No Starbucks. Is there a McDonald's there now? Have not been there for a few years. But, Cut Bank does not change much. Lots of cold wind in the winter. Dress warm.
You made me laugh. Sounds like my kind of place, because, I make a pretty decent cup of coffe, I grind the beans myself after I roast them. I can pass on WalMart as I like to spread my money to local folks and what they sell, hate to see them dry up and go away. A Mall? Nothing I hate worse than walking into a building and I am still 2000 feet from the store I want. I prefer to go to Bob's store. I can park in front, walk in the door and I am less than 50 feet from the boots I need and want.

Although, I can see why some do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana