Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2013, 07:02 PM

1,490 posts, read 4,755,798 times

Advertisements

My in-laws are coming to visit for a week in July . My MIL is disabled. She has a scooter / wheelchair she uses. My hubby and I have to work during the day when they are here, but I wanted to print out some ideas for them to go do (rather than sitting around in the house all day).

Within decent driving of Bozeman would be good...

So far I have:

Museum of the Rockies
Pioneer museum
Grizzly Bear park

Are there any hiking trails that are wheelchair accessible anywhere?

Anyone know anything about the Turner Ranch with the Bison? (I have never been there...)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 12:17 AM

2,223 posts, read 3,876,119 times
Aren't there some hot springs nearby?

Helena and Butte are both very easy drives for a daytrip. Lots to see and do in both, if Bozo gets boring for them.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:16 AM

6,756 posts, read 8,579,743 times
Bozeman Hot Springs at Gallatin Gateway is a great idea! They have hot springs that will roast you good and feels great on sore muscles

Chico also isn't that far, just down the Paradise Valley, easy day trip.

There is the Depot Museum in Livingston as well as the Pioneer Museum on Chinook I belive.

You don't really say what they like to do, but for just attractions they could visit Headwaters State Park at Three Forks, or the Madison Buffalo Jump. Both have some developed trails.

If they like scenery and/or mabe fishing, send them up Hyalite. Paved road, the creek runs alongside the road for easy access for fishing, and the lake is beautiful and they might see some wildlife as well.

Lewis and Clark Caverns is just past Three Forks and is a great item to see.

Lots of stuff to do in the Bozeman Area.

Old 06-13-2013, 08:19 AM

1,191 posts, read 3,002,512 times
Check out the schedule of events for Bozeman in July at the Lively Times web site. More details will be on that page for July on July 1st.
Lively Times | Montana Arts and Entertainment Calendar, a complete statewide searchable database of music, concerts, events, theater, dance, recreation and art exhibits

There are two farmer's markets in Bozeman, one at the fairgrounds, one at Bogert Park. There are many interesting things to see, taste, and listen to there.

The artwalk in downtown Bozeman is every Friday from 6-8 pm with gallery receptions and refreshments.

The Planetarium in the Museum of the Rockies would be something that is unique and handicap accessible.

There is live theater at Verge (aka Equinox) on the weekend evenings, radio plays locally written and acted for an audience. The theater is on N 7th, map at this link.
https://www.ticketriver.com/event/74...lose-your-eyes

hope that helps

H.I.
Bozeman

Old 06-13-2013, 08:30 AM

1,191 posts, read 3,002,512 times
The Galligator trail through town is a nice walk along the creek, through trees, seems like you are not in town, but you are.
Galligator Trail
Galligator Trail - The Bozeman Daily Chronicle:
You can get a trail map here.
Bozeman Montana Hiking Trails & Bike Paths - AllTrips

H.I.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:16 AM

5,401 posts, read 6,530,624 times
If they like history, Virginia City & Nevada City can take a whole day.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:35 AM

297 posts, read 794,924 times
Lewis & Clark Caverns would not be do-able for someone in a wheelchair.

If either of your in-laws enjoys the history of computers and/or robotics, I recommend the American Computing & Robotics Museum in Bozeman. Free admission, too.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:43 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,940,699 times
Your ideas and Silvertip's all seem pretty good.

Old 06-14-2013, 05:17 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,161,188 times
I saw "What to do with the inlaws" and something about "nearby hot springs" and had entirely different thoughts....

Old 06-18-2013, 08:14 PM

1,490 posts, read 4,755,798 times
Lol...drowning them in a gunny sack isn't an option. Thanks for the giggle though!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana