U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2007, 06:31 PM

43 posts, read 346,701 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are wanting to relocate and get out of california. Looking for a town that has work but also good in the schools. we have four children and they are 16,13,12,10. I want more for them then this town is giving us.

my husband is in electrician I am a housewife but will work if need be.

any info would be great.

thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2007, 07:13 AM

22,973 posts, read 25,039,178 times
Well if after reading all of these threads on this forum you still want to come here then might I suggest the Flathead Valley? As an electrician your husband should do just fine! There is a waiting list if you need one to do work for you most of the time and many have started their own companies as one man shops and do well. If your kids like the outdoors like snowboarding,hiking,floating the rivers,exploring Glaciers and other activities than they'll love it here.
Kids can start working here at 14 and can drive at 14 1/2 (scary aint it?) so many work at fast food places or theaters and pay for their ski passes and fishing gear. You won't find a lot of kids that sit in front of the idiot box all day here, most want to be outside. Kid's are pretty much safe here, they do stupid things like everywhere else. I know that when we moved here our son asked a couple of kids over to play. He went inside and sat down in front of the video game and the kids told him "let's go outside, we don't stay in the house during the summer since we have enough of that during the winter".

We realized that the big difference from there to here is there you wouldn't think of sending your kid to the store on his bicycle (which is a mile away) at any time of the day. Here, it's not unusual to send your kid out in the morning and not see them 'till night and end up runing into them in town at the store or riding down the street. It took us a while to lighten up and let go a bit like taking them to Whitefish and dropping them off for the snowbus to the mountain (free btw) in the morning and not seeing them until you pick them up at 10pm worn out and wet....

The big thing for us was we KNEW that when we sent our kid off to school or out in the world in the morning he would come home at night without bullet holes or stab wounds and the odds of him being snatched were nil so that alone was worth it to us not to mention it's nice that they can learn to live off the land here if they ever had to.
The bottom line is it can be hard here but for young children (at least mine) it's worth their safety and life education if I have to live a little harder for a few years!

Old 11-13-2007, 04:05 PM

43 posts, read 346,701 times
That is what we are looking for because if the work is there and my kids can be out and I don't have to worry about them never coming home. That would be great.

We live in hard times were we ware because of work and the rent here is going up for a family of 6 and we need to move and get away from the negative things around us and the no work around us...

thank you for your help and info.

Michelle
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana