Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2014, 12:45 PM

1,077 posts, read 2,635,263 times

Advertisements

Yellowstone Wolf Patrol led by convicted felon Rod Coranado is out and about patrolling the boundary lines of Yellowstone to "document" wolf hunting and do what they can to disrupt wolf hunters concentrating on those who they know have killed a wolf in previous years. According to Montana hunting regulations, it is illegal to interfere/hinder with the lawful taking of a game animal. Coranado states that Yellowstone Park organized this patrol. I find it hard to believe that the park itself would help organize a wolf patrol group knowing their full intentions are illegal. This man has a "GoFundMe" site to raise funds to help with the so called patrol and actually states in his comments/updates that he plans to interfere with hunting as much as possible. His latest updates state that they have located two known hunters/outfitters who they know have killed wolves in the past and that they will continue to follow/document/interfere with their hunt. I have family who ranch in the Paradise Valley and are outfitters and guides in the area. These are third and fourth generation families. These are family members who have LEGALLY taken wolves. The Montana wolf hunt (rifle) started this week and I for one will be out there doing what I can to keep the wolf population down to an acceptable level (if there is one).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2014, 02:34 PM

111 posts, read 181,435 times
How did Coronado get out of prison so fast? The guy is an eco-terrorist. The whole wolf thing is nothing more than expensive nostalgia by the radical left and their dimwitted dupes.
I'm a dog lover and those damn wolves just simply slaughter and eat dogs alive. They've killed hundreds of family dogs in the US.
Lets get the nut-jobs from Center for Biological Diversity, Sierra Club, Wildlife Defenders etc, smear them with blood and stake them out in the woods in Yellowstone. Then ship their remains back from whence they came... LA, San Francisco and NY.

Old 09-16-2014, 03:31 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,389,212 times
There is no legal wolf hunting in Yellowstone. I'm not supporting Rod Coronado, in fact, I am not opposed to lawfully hunting wolves for sport or defense, but I don't support poachers in National Parks, either.

If you are worried about the loss of dogs to wolves, you can save hundreds of thousands more dogs than wolves will ever take by opposing puppy mills, dog fighting rings, and animal abuse/neglect which occurs throughout Montana and every other State in the country.

Old 09-16-2014, 03:35 PM

1,077 posts, read 2,635,263 times
Oh I know all about wolves killing dogs. Our neighbors dog (our dogs daddy) was killed less than five feet from their front door. This was a confirmed wolf kill by Montana Fish & Game. I personally have had two dogs killed from predation, one from coyotes and one from a mountain lion (right in front of my youngest boy). I had a horse killed from predation but fish and game wouldn't confirm whether it was lion, bear or wolf. There were canine tracks in the pasture but they wouldn't confirm it a wolf kill. Our other neighbor had a colt killed in the middle of the day by a female mountain lion teaching her two youngins to prey on livestock. The neighbor shot the female but the babies got away. It was the second horse he had killed by mountain lions. We have seen a HUGE increase in mountain lions on the river by our house. I think pressure from wolves up higher are pushing the lions down lower. We have also seen an increase in moose and moose kills in the river bottom. The moose are moving down lower too. I saw more moose last year than I've seen in the last 20 years here. Coincidence? I think not. I only hope this so called Wolf Patrol group runs into the wrong outfitter or hunter. At the very least, it is a crime for them to interfere with a hunt so one can only hope they have charges pressed against them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana