Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 07:03 AM

43 posts, read 123,425 times

Advertisements

In July I will be spending a couple of days in Kalispell before making my way to a ranch in Libby. I was wondering what there is to do in Kalispell while I'm there. I've checked out the Chamber of Commerce website, but thought that locals could give me a better perspective. What restaurants are there in town? Not looking for anything fancy, I'm happy eating in a bar. I'll be in late July.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2007, 09:20 PM

373 posts, read 1,853,234 times
Moose's Saloon a good place to go to eat and hang out.

Old 03-15-2007, 03:56 AM

Thanks. I'll check it would while I'm there.

Old 03-16-2007, 12:16 PM

Is there anyone else out there that can provide some insight into Kalispell? I'm going to be staying in a hotel off US Hwy 93, which I think is Main Street. I'm wondering if I need a rental car or if I can walk around town. I hesitate to get a rental car because I would only need it for Saturday and then I have transportation out to Libby.

I'd appreciate any other information members could provide.

Thanks so much!

Old 03-16-2007, 02:22 PM

62 posts, read 471,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeChick View Post
Is there anyone else out there that can provide some insight into Kalispell? I'm going to be staying in a hotel off US Hwy 93, which I think is Main Street. I'm wondering if I need a rental car or if I can walk around town. I hesitate to get a rental car because I would only need it for Saturday and then I have transportation out to Libby.

I'd appreciate any other information members could provide.

Thanks so much!
I used to attend week long conferences at the UofM site, Yellow Bay, on the East side of Flathead. There were some nice "casual" restaraunts right on the water. Reminded me of some Northern Seattle restraurants of days gone by.

I'd stayed at (sorry I don't remember the name ) at some cute little inexpensive cabins at Swan/Seeley area because I'd go up a day ahead of the conference to take in the beauty and relax.

Last edited by NativeMontanan; 03-16-2007 at 02:24 PM.. Reason: I didn't proof read first.

Old 07-15-2007, 09:12 PM

43 posts, read 137,078 times
there's alot of bike traffic here and plenty of eating places a car should not be a need the bulldog is good south end of town hope you enjoy

Old 07-15-2007, 09:43 PM

48 posts, read 133,581 times
Just walk around downtown and you will find something.

Old 07-16-2007, 06:37 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandjblue View Post
there's alot of bike traffic here and plenty of eating places a car should not be a need the bulldog is good south end of town hope you enjoy
Jandblue,
did you happen to see the bulldogs health rating in the paper last week? I don't know that I would send my worst enemy to eat there.

I would definately hit mooses, the best pizza around IMO. Too darn bad they had to get rid of the "horn" due to tourist lawsuit from what I hear.

Old 07-16-2007, 10:15 AM

1,309 posts, read 2,815,426 times
Theres lots of resteraunts in town. there is the new Famous Daves which my daughter went to and said is really good.Apple bee's.perkins,hu hot(sp),ihops,
and many more,plus the regular fast food joints.

Old 07-16-2007, 10:32 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
famous Daves is ok for a chain, ribs are subpar but the catfish was ok. Pulled pork sandwich was good. Prices for dinner are a bit much but lunch is a little more reasonable.
Hu-Hot Mongolian BBQ is good since you pick all your own food, pricey for dinner, not bad lunch prices. IHOP is typical chain pancake house fair along the lines of Dennys.
Really good Mexican food is pretty much not available here, Qdoba is about the best we have and definately the cleanest. There is a local chain called Los Corporales that I personally wouldn't walk into. There are definately good local, non-chain restaurants here like Capers for mid-fine dining,Red,wines and Blues for a good time and if you want the best burger I've had in a while try Echo Lake Cafe. Chinese is along the same lines as Mexican, one favorite of mine and others is the Alley Connection, Downtown Kalispell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana