U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2006, 01:44 PM

2 posts, read 11,717 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if someone could share with me information about Lame Deer, MT.?

I work for a Medical Staffing company and we are sending a Registered Nurse to work in Lame Deer, but I can't locate any apartments. Is there any? And, if there is could you share with me the name of them? Please, pretty please.[/font]
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2006, 01:54 PM

431 posts, read 348,517 times
Lame Deer is a Cheyenne Reservation - are you SURE you're sending the nurse to Lame Deer? There is nothing there - absolutely nothing. Less than 2,000 people - complete isolation.

Old 12-26-2006, 11:38 PM

7 posts, read 31,588 times
I can believe that you're sending a nurse there... Lame Deer is the central community for the Cheyenne, but you'd better get some straight info before anyone packs their bags. No doubt the community would be grateful for whatever help they get. There may be some housing in Hardin, about 30 miles away.

Old 12-29-2006, 03:45 AM

1 posts, read 5,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRecruiter View Post
I was wondering if someone could share with me information about Lame Deer, MT.?

I work for a Medical Staffing company and we are sending a Registered Nurse to work in Lame Deer, but I can't locate any apartments. Is there any? And, if there is could you share with me the name of them? Please, pretty please.[/font]
Dear Recruiter: Lame Deer is in need of nurses just like the rest of the country. Yes, there are no motels, apartments there but there is Colstrip which is just about 20 miles away. Good luck

Old 01-02-2007, 10:37 PM

12 posts, read 51,261 times
Default Lame Deer

My husband works at the health clinic in Lame Deer and absolutely loves it! There is government housing, but I don't think there are public apartments. Most people commute from Colstrip, which is a nice little town. Try Conroy Real Estate or Metra Apartments.
Good luck!

Old 08-27-2007, 11:07 PM

1 posts, read 5,600 times
Default It's Bad News

It's bad news on the rez. I lived there 30 years ago and went back to visit a day or so ago. Very poor out that way and no place to rent or buy from what i could see for miles and miles. ----------- Jim

Quote:

Old 08-28-2007, 12:01 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,915,161 times
I lived in Colstrip for a year. I rented through Metro Property Management, one of the only few apartment places in town. The water pipes in my apt. & the one next door broke while I was away one weekend during the winter and they said it was our (me & my neighbor's) fault because the heat wasn't turned up high enough! We didn't get our deposits back when we moved out....just a hint in case you rent there! They pretty much have the monopoly on the rental market there, though. I agree, there isn't anything in Lame Deer, but there isn't much more in Colstrip. They have a great school system, good public safety, nice people, etc., but nothing to do, especially for a single person. Best of luck!

Old 08-28-2007, 08:16 AM

6,023 posts, read 13,039,746 times
Government housing on Indian reservations are for native Americans for the most part. Don't expect to get one of these housing units.

Old 09-02-2007, 08:39 AM

2 posts, read 25,171 times
Quote:

There maybe some housing provided by the clinic - however, your best and closest apartments will probably be Colstrip - 23 miles N of Lame Deer, even that may be sketchy as Colstrip has a housing shortage too.

Lame Deer is the heart of the Northern Cheyenne Reservation.

Colstrip is home to PPL a large Power Company, Westmorland Mine (Western Energy) and a few small businesses - however if you want panties... you will be going to Sheridan, Wyoming or Billings, MT.

Good Luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana