Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2008, 04:54 PM

1,872 posts, read 4,220,389 times

Advertisements

I posted a reply for some folks on the Wyoming forum who wanted to know about modular home dealers in Billings. I thought I'd share it here in case some Montanans are looking into this type of home option.

We've been looking at modulars/dealers in Billings for the past year or so. There are a couple that we are really impressed with. The guys at Big Sky Homes are very knowledgeable and they carry quality homes (Dutch Homes brand)at good prices. They also carry others, including Champion. We've heard from several people, including dealers and others, that Champion homes are the ones to steer clear from.

A new place just opened in Billings a couple of weeks ago. We went last weekend and checked them out. They seem to have the best built homes we've seen, with nice prices. The dealership is called American Vision Homes. They carry Marshfield Homes, made in Wisconsin. The man who owns the dealership was a dealer for this company some years ago and decided to go with them again as they are superior homes.

We also found Montana Modular to be okay, but a bit more expensive. They carry Magnolia homes, which seem to be good ones.

Pierce Homes has the longest lasting reputation in Billings, but their homes (BonnaVilla) seem very pricey. The salespeople there are also much more "snooty" than those at the smaller dealerships. With Pierce you get good service, but you seem to be paying mostly for the name and for their fancy new building!

Centennial Homes guys are okay, but again, more pricey and not the homes we really liked or were impressed with. They carry Friendship Homes of Minnesota, which I had never heard of before.

There is a place called Homes of the Future just out of Billings and I would never recommend this place to anyone. They claim to be "builders" but are actually modular dealers. When we stopped there they were very rude. They claim to sell their homes for "X number of $$ per foot" but don't tell you about the hidden costs until later. They don't even let "browsers" look through their homes without help from a salesperson. They keep them locked.

Another option (and they have a deal in Sheridan) is Stratford Homes. They are super quality and like a "step above" modulars. My sister and her husband had one built in Western Montana and are very pleased. The only problem they ran into was that every little change they made to the house cost them big bucks. Their intented budget grew quite rapidly. But overall, they are very pleased.

Like I said, we've really been doing our shopping! I hope this helps out!
Georgia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2008, 03:59 PM

15 posts, read 65,338 times
I thank you for your input on this subject!

I had checked into the "Home of the Future" company, and I totally agree with you about their rudeness, and I tried to get a quote on a model and never got a reply back.
So they are permanately removed from my contact lists!

Old 08-04-2008, 01:14 PM

1 posts, read 5,454 times
Default Modular Home Construction

[mod] Please create a Business/Realtor profile which is allowed, however advertising is against the City Data Terms of Service [/mod]

Last edited by Kristynwy; 08-04-2008 at 02:33 PM.. Reason: advertising

Old 08-04-2008, 02:39 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,057,165 times
Just a reminder to everyone that advertising is against the City Data Terms of service, please try to be careful not to advertise while sharing information about places in the area.

Please take recommendations of specific companies to personal emails rather than on City Data
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana