Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2019, 08:02 PM

1 posts, read 1,490 times

Advertisements

Hello Folks and friends,
I have problem situation with a used dealer owner who left his 75 vehicles on my AG private property,
He have been ignored me that I asked him to get all of his vehicles out from my property for several years.
Last year My lawyer sent the letter to him. He ignored us. I contacted the Ravalli County Sheriff's Dept, they can not help me because of non-crime. I called several tow companies in Ravalli Co and Missoula Co, they were not interested it because of without the titles.
SIGHS!!!
What do I do?
Any suggest?
I am in California but I am native Montana.
I was trying to find someone who can get vin # each vehicle (75) and take a picture each then send me so I can contact to DMV in Hamilton that I can have new titles from DMV so the tow company can remove it! But no one interested it.
Thanks!

Old 03-06-2019, 08:42 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,968,610 times
1. Form a Montana Limited Liability Company (LLC). Call it AG auto storage, LLC.
2. After 60 days, get the VIN from each and every one of the vehicles, and file a lien on them for non-payment of storage fees.
3. After another 60 days, ask the Sheriff to hold an auction at the storage site to get rid of the vehicles and satisfy your liens. Start the bidding at $5, no matter what kind of vehicle it is.
I don't know if you can just get a title just with the VIN. I don't think it can be done. I think you have to have some kind of interest (as in a lien) in the vehicle.
In many areas of Montana, there are people who will buy vehicles for scrap. They sometimes don't care about titles, and will pay $150-$200 for cars and pickups.

Good luck.

Old 03-07-2019, 11:57 AM

5,401 posts, read 6,526,149 times
First you have to have judge declare it's now your pile of junk. Your lawyer can do that.

Each county should have a junk vehicle crusher that comes around. Call the county sanitarian (they are in charge of landfills) and ask how to do this. Since you are off site you probably will have to hire someone to oversee, but maybe not.

It is in the County's interest to not have eyesores & vehicles with batteries & fluids leaking into the soil.

We all pay a junk vehicle fee when we license vehicles & somehow or other this helps pay for disposing of them. On behalf of everyone who has to drive by that pile of junk, thank you.

Old 03-14-2019, 09:28 AM

160 posts, read 301,115 times
Buy a monster truck and charge admission for the “show”!

Old 03-19-2019, 10:08 AM

910 posts, read 1,081,634 times
Advertise it as a U-pick junkyard. No title needed for people to pull their own parts off. If there is good glass in the vehicles, you can make some good money. Used auto glass sells for nice money, especially older cars. I had a friend that would buy cars with blown engines, pull the glass and sell it. He would normally make double what he paid for the car with just the lights and glass. He would then get 2 to 3 hundred for the rest from an auto recycler.

Old 03-19-2019, 08:40 PM

5,401 posts, read 6,526,149 times
Jay Laber is a metal artist who uses car parts to make his quite excellent sculpture. Maybe he would want your wrecks. I think he lives on the Flathead rez at St Ignatius.

From Junk to Art, Revised Rez Wrecks of Montana By Jay Polite Laber.
jplaber@blackfoot.net

Here are some photos.

https://www.amontanaview.com/A-Monta...-Art/i-QGL3N2J

Old 04-03-2019, 10:53 AM

71 posts, read 82,336 times
The way it worked when I was buying hulk vehicles is the property owner has an inspector from the state patrol or deputy from the sheriff's office come to the property. The officer runs the VIN and gets legal owner information and fills out Junk Vehicle Affidavit (JVA). Property owner mails JVA to legal owner and if no response within 15 days, JVA then becomes title and property owner can sell or give vehicle to scrapper, wrecking yard or hulk processor. Really simple and you can make some good dollars selling for scrap.

Old 04-04-2019, 01:35 PM

6,354 posts, read 7,760,940 times
[mod note] OP was banned by the senior moderator about a month ago. Doubtful he will return. Many offered good advice, so it will stand for future searches. This thread is now closed. [/mod note]

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana