Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2020, 10:03 AM

1,180 posts, read 2,373,540 times

Advertisements

I would strongly suggest looking into North Idaho as well. Lots of lakes... big lakes. Boating and water sports during the summer months is pretty much the lifestyle there.

Coeur d'Alene housing has shot way up in price, but if you're just looking for something outside of town on some land, the costs decline the further out of town you go.

You'll also have Fairchild AFB and the VA hospital in Spokane. As far as the terrain... if the "welcome to Idaho" sign wasn't there, you'd never know you let Montana.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2020, 10:15 AM

1,180 posts, read 2,373,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimm17 View Post

The research continues. I know this is the Montana forum, but we're also looking into Flagstaff, AZ and possibly Idaho or Utah.

Just some background, I was an Air Force brat, and did six with Uncle Sam's Misguided Children five years with the Forest Service travelling around Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Oregon, and Washington. I've lived in eleven states and been all over the west. I too do a lot of off-roading, and personally the best state I've lived in for that is Arizona. Colorado and AZ probably the best two states for Jeepers/Toyota folks.

The problem with Arizona is the places with trees and mountains are kinda pricey. In Flagstaff, once you get outside of town, water becomes a big issue. There are some other possibilities, but when we were looking at the area, anything on the public water system was expensive then you'd get outside of town and the land didn't perk because the wells would be too deep or it was bedrock. Lots of people there have water hauled in by truck.

Payson would be worth looking into also... but just know that during the summertime, everyone from Phoenix hits these places to get away from the heat. Making the snow and mountainous scenery work out is a tough go in Arizona without lots of money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana