Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2021, 08:43 AM

5 posts, read 8,837 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a decent town, just a place to rent as an 51 year old female that is safe but fun.. I have almost 5 grand a month guaranteed to live on. a permanent income..... Does anyone know if this exsist? No I am not looking for a man but a sweet town to relax and enjoy the seniority & to retire for good. Was raised on a farm ex army so do know my way around.

What place has the better hospital? No I'm not an old lady but need to cover everything. Id like to enjoy the life of the people, yet quiet when I want it.
In what I make, can I afford to find a place for me? All info would be greatly appreciated.
I look young for my age, am not looking though for a man.
My must is a safe place for a woman and her GD. Is it hard to find a place that will rent with a Veterans medical service dog dog. CHLOE is school trained, technically ( they cant) turn me away to rent by federal law. I though rather have a landlord that is ok. Especially she is school trained.
Thanks!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2021, 09:54 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,943,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoondaraye View Post
I am looking for a decent town, just a place to rent as an 51 year old female that is safe but fun.. I have almost 5 grand a month guaranteed to live on. a permanent income..... Does anyone know if this exsist? No I am not looking for a man but a sweet town to relax and enjoy the seniority & to retire for good. Was raised on a farm ex army so do know my way around.

What place has the better hospital? No I'm not an old lady but need to cover everything. Id like to enjoy the life of the people, yet quiet when I want it.
In what I make, can I afford to find a place for me? All info would be greatly appreciated.
I look young for my age, am not looking though for a man.
My must is a safe place for a woman and her GD. Is it hard to find a place that will rent with a Veterans medical service dog dog. CHLOE is school trained, technically ( they cant) turn me away to rent by federal law. I though rather have a landlord that is ok. Especially she is school trained.
Thanks!!!!!
What do you want in a town and how big of a town are you looking for?

Old 02-13-2021, 10:24 AM

8,498 posts, read 8,790,853 times
Near people / fun / hospital but quiet. Sounds like a spot outside a main city.

Outside Kalispell, the options include Whitefish, Columbia Falls, Bigfork and west / south of town.

Outside Billings, Laurel, Columbus or just western edge of town.

Outside Missoula, Frenchtown, Clinton, Lolo and Florence.

Outside Helena, East Helena, Montana City and Clancy.

Spots outside Great Falls or Butte too.

Outside Bozeman would be more to a lot more expensive.

If you don't want a full sized MT city, consider Lewistown or Dillon.

Old 02-15-2021, 04:27 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,108,526 times
Helena has the only VA hospital in Montana, so near there could work for you. It meets your criteria. Has a lot going on (pre covid), near lots of outdoor recreation, and is pretty safe.

Old 02-16-2021, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Crow View Post

Outside Kalispell, the options include Whitefish, Columbia Falls, Bigfork and west / south of town.

The Kalispell and Missoula areas are ridiculously expensive .

Old 02-16-2021, 10:25 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times
"Western" edge of Billings?? WAY too much development going on out there!

Further West; Laurel, Park City, Columbus, Reed Point, Big Timber.
Southwest: Edgar, Fromberg, Bridger

Northeast of Billings is the better place, IMO. Shepherd, Huntley, Worden, Ballantine, Pompey's Pillar, etc.
North of Billings, either Hwy 87 towards Roundup or Hwy 3 towards Lavina.
South of Billings, Blue Creek area
East of Billings, Lockwood, Emerald Hills

Billings has a VA Clinic

Old 02-28-2021, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
A friendly place, I look healthy but have had 2 brain surgeries. A must for a hospital, not out in the crazy boonies, but am not a party girl, love to get out and enjoy nature, used to slower life, a farm girl/ city all mixed up lol until all the travel in the Army . Of course safe. A town you would live in and love at my age most think I'm in my late 30's. Again, not looking to hook up, but not a hermit.. thanks!

Old 02-28-2021, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Crow View Post

If you truly had a choice, where would you visit to see if it is a good place. Yes a hospital a must, but not big city life, walkable so I don't need my truck. Hoping. I do look young. Its the two brain surgeries, the gift the army said it was nothing.. lol and a drunk driver.
Am a fighter.. as said before, used to the outside, but not a hetmit.. I appreciate all the help!!

Old 02-28-2021, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejisme View Post
Helena has the only VA hospital in Montana, so near there could work for you. It meets your criteria. Has a lot going on (pre covid), near lots of outdoor recreation, and is pretty safe.
I'd die before I walked into a VA hospital. Im federal/ ex army/ and bc of my brsin sugery I had to take an federal early out.
I've been to the VA a few times, for chapter 31 where I went to check in to get my BS degree... lol but thank you!

Old 03-01-2021, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoondaraye View Post
A friendly place, I look healthy but have had 2 brain surgeries. A must for a hospital, not out in the crazy boonies, but am not a party girl, love to get out and enjoy nature, used to slower life, a farm girl/ city all mixed up lol until all the travel in the Army . Of course safe. A town you would live in and love at my age most think I'm in my late 30's. Again, not looking to hook up, but not a hermit.. thanks!
Just about anywhere would work with those criteria.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana