U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2008, 10:26 PM

122 posts, read 484,506 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I was just curious if any of you local Montanians to the Billings area were familiar with this company. Good? Bad?

They have many different rentals in and around Billings/Laurel area.

Thanks for any info...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2010, 08:25 PM

2 posts, read 7,164 times
Thumbs down rainbow property management

Avoid this rental property mgt company at all costs!! They do not take care of renters and will not give back your deposit in full no matter what. They do not answer repair calls for months....just a bad deal from start to finish!

Old 04-10-2010, 07:48 AM

7,907 posts, read 13,743,995 times
I don't know anything about this particular outfit, but my general observation is that most of the time, "property management company" is a euphemism for "corporate slum lord".

Best way to get a feel for any such outfit is to go by some of their properties and take a look for yourself. Check the stairwells and laundry area as good indicators of how clean and well-maintained it is, and whether the residents have some pride of place (which you don't get when management doesn't care), or are resentful or inclined to be deadbeats (more likely when mgmt doesn't give a flip either).

Old 04-11-2010, 07:51 AM

649 posts, read 1,629,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGal27 View Post
Hi,

I was just curious if any of you local Montanians to the Billings area were familiar with this company. Good? Bad?

They have many different rentals in and around Billings/Laurel area.

Thanks for any info...
ya i've heard bad things about this company as well. i'd check craigslist for owners who are renting out places. i've never had good luck with rental companies. they make their money by ripping off people's deposts and not maintaining the properties. billings has gotten some large apartment complexes recently so you might check them out. Plus just driving around in the area you want to live you'll see "for rent" signs posted. Moving to billings is a good idea. it's a wonderfull city with the nicest people. very peaceful here with lots of parks and greenways to walk, jog, bike.

Last edited by redhead; 04-11-2010 at 08:17 AM..

Old 04-11-2010, 08:08 AM

7,907 posts, read 13,743,995 times
I liked the honesty of this listing:

Trailer in Lockwood (http://billings.craigslist.org/apa/1686617286.html - broken link)
"The place is a mess, but you can move in free until after Thanksgiving if you are willing to do the work and replace the heater. Only the brave and handy need answer"

On Craigslist there are hundreds of listings in Billings, starting at about $350 for studio apartments. Good place to start, I think!

Old 04-15-2010, 09:34 PM

2 posts, read 7,164 times
I would NEVER rent from this management again. I would also not let them manage my property. They do not take care of renters and always keep most of the deposit no matter how clean you leave the apt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
View detailed profiles of: