U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 08:08 AM

9 posts, read 46,789 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me anything about Roundup - Saco ?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2007, 09:32 PM

9 posts, read 41,948 times
Hi; I lived in Billings, Montana for 8 years; just relocated back to Southern California last June. I've been to Roundup once in the 8 years I lived there. Not much of a town; very small. 50 or so miles out of Billings. Never been to Saco.

Old 02-12-2007, 12:47 PM
MHT

434 posts, read 2,143,141 times
Default Roundup - Saco

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcconey View Post
Can anyone tell me anything about Roundup - Saco ?
What do you want to know? I think you'd get more of a response if you asked more specific questions.

Old 02-12-2007, 08:33 PM

373 posts, read 1,771,689 times
Saco is much further out in the middle of nowhere than Roundup. Saco's okay...really out in the sticks. Roundup is a nice little town (about 2000) people, and Billings is not too far away. I'd live there. It's got a great little diner.

Old 02-13-2007, 01:28 AM

741 posts, read 3,000,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom to a corgi View Post
Hi; I lived in Billings, Montana for 8 years; just relocated back to Southern California last June. I've been to Roundup once in the 8 years I lived there. Not much of a town; very small. 50 or so miles out of Billings. Never been to Saco.
If you don't mind me asking....why did you come back to this God forsaken state

Old 02-13-2007, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHT View Post
What do you want to know? I think you'd get more of a response if you asked more specific questions.

Oops sorry,
I am looking for a small town for my husband and I can retire to,
we don't need all the conviences-but at the same time I would feel better if there were a mom/pop store nearby.
We don't plan to retire for another 5-7 years, we are looking for a small house -even a handy-man special that we could afford to buy now -and somehow manage to have it paid off when the time comes.
The real estate seems to fit our budget in those area's -
What I need to know....
How is life in these areas? Nice people? Trees?
We are kinda keep to yourself folk -don't need any entertainment,
senior centers etc....
Thank you so much!

Old 02-13-2007, 10:31 AM

51 posts, read 219,674 times
Default Saco

Just a comment that if you are looking for quiet country living in wide open spaces without mountains, all the 'entertainment' things, enjoy hunting and fishing, want a low cost of living, friendly folk, good values, strong community and schools --- then any of the areas in NE Montana will fit your needs. Saco has little or no business other than bar, antique store, post office and small convience store. You would need to drive 45 minutes to get to a grocery store etc. Always good to come see for yourself!

Old 02-13-2007, 09:29 PM

9 posts, read 41,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johns65vette View Post
If you don't mind me asking....why did you come back to this God forsaken state
Family...............both my husband and me grew up in the San Diego area; we left California twice before (once to Oregon, came back; last time to Santa Fe and then Montana and came back last June). Our 17 y/o son said when he graduated from high school he was moving to California since he loved the beaches. We wanted to be close to him and also close to extended family. Nice to drive 60 miles to see family on holidays as opposed to a plane ticket, etc.

Old 02-13-2007, 09:31 PM

741 posts, read 3,000,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom to a corgi View Post
Family...............both my husband and me grew up in the San Diego area; we left California twice before (once to Oregon, came back; last time to Santa Fe and then Montana and came back last June). Our 17 y/o son said when he graduated from high school he was moving to California since he loved the beaches. We wanted to be close to him and also close to extended family. Nice to drive 60 miles to see family on holidays as opposed to a plane ticket, etc.
All good reasons I was just wondering. I am hoping my kids will want to go with us, rather than give us a hard time about moving. Guess I'll wait and see.

Old 02-15-2007, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdcowgirl View Post
Just a comment that if you are looking for quiet country living in wide open spaces without mountains, all the 'entertainment' things, enjoy hunting and fishing, want a low cost of living, friendly folk, good values, strong community and schools --- then any of the areas in NE Montana will fit your needs. Saco has little or no business other than bar, antique store, post office and small convience store. You would need to drive 45 minutes to get to a grocery store etc. Always good to come see for yourself!
I will be there in July, just putting together some sort of plan of destination.
Just by reading all the post I am able to put together our route.
Thank you so much for all of your help
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana