Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 10:52 AM

5 posts, read 8,321 times

Advertisements

Hi,
We are thinking about moving to Montana to be specific Helena. What do you think about Helena? Is it a beautiful area to live? Do you like somewhere else other than Helena? Not too cold though. And if you have any pictures that would be great.
Also I am looking for an accounting job, do you know where I can find one? And when do you think is the best time to move, we are thinking in May. And any other advise or interesting things you want to share, would be most appreciated.

Thanks again

Last edited by mowing; 10-16-2008 at 11:10 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 10:53 AM

1,305 posts, read 2,755,376 times
Best time to move is when you have accepted your job! It doesn't really matter if you move in December, May, August, or November, since you'll be living there to enjoy these months anyway.

May obviously nicer weather, but if a person doesn't like winter, I don't suggest moving to Montana!

Old 10-16-2008, 11:14 AM

Thanks for the reply, you are so right do you know anywhere I can find a job???? Well we are ready for a change in weather just not colder than Helena...

Old 10-16-2008, 12:24 PM

1,921 posts, read 6,428,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowing View Post
Thanks for the reply, you are so right do you know anywhere I can find a job????
What have you done thus for to find a job?

Old 10-16-2008, 03:11 PM

I have look at various websites, career builder jobs.com. Do you have any ideas of websites or businesses I could contact? Do you think Craig’s list is a good place to look for jobs??? Thanks. =)

Old 10-16-2008, 04:04 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,691,026 times
I would suggest you go visit and apply for jobs in person. Very few people actually get hired over the internet.

Old 10-16-2008, 04:12 PM

Thanks for your help. What do you think about Helena?

Old 10-16-2008, 05:17 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,067,614 times
I think Helena is a fine little city if you can afford to live in the old section and there is a tasty little Mexican restaurant on the west end along the highway called Emilianos. The lower valley areas can get hotter than heck. Good fishing can be found close by.

Old 10-16-2008, 08:58 PM

148 posts, read 561,479 times
What is not too cold for you? Are you seriously planning on moving here w/out a job sight unseen? Good luck with all that! Good jobs are rather hard to come by unless you have the time to wait for them it seems. Unless you have some family here, or a pretty hefty savings account, you may be in for a letdown in all seriousness. Have you had a hard time finding work where you are now? BTW, where do you live now? I do not understand why there are so many people that think they are going to move to Montana and magically find the perfect job, the perfect house, etc...It's pretty much the same as anywhere else, except IMO jobs are a lot harder to come by(good paying ones anyways). Anyways, good luck!

Old 10-17-2008, 07:28 AM

1,921 posts, read 6,428,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowing View Post
I have look at various websites, career builder jobs.com. Do you have any ideas of websites or businesses I could contact? Do you think Craig’s list is a good place to look for jobs??? Thanks. =)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
I would suggest you go visit and apply for jobs in person. Very few people actually get hired over the internet.
I agree with stiffnecked. Unless there are special circumstances, few prospective employers are going to spend much time talking with an applicant that's not already in the area.

Mowing, you haven't mentioned where you live now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana