Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2007, 03:43 PM

10 posts, read 39,670 times

Advertisements

It's official, come late July, my husband and I are moving to Montana. I just wanted to thank everybody for the great advice I have been given and read on this board. It was incredibly helpful! We are renting a house for a year in Darby, the place is small and perfect, exactly what we were looking for! Thanks again everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2007, 09:50 AM

529 posts, read 1,896,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guinness212 View Post
It's official, come late July, my husband and I are moving to Montana. I just wanted to thank everybody for the great advice I have been given and read on this board. It was incredibly helpful! We are renting a house for a year in Darby, the place is small and perfect, exactly what we were looking for! Thanks again everyone!
Well, good luck to you on your move.

Don't forget to check out the west fork area... lots to do up at Painted Rocks, and the hot springs down to Sula are to die for..... I hop in whenever I'm down that way.

Old 02-19-2007, 08:11 AM

Thanks we will definetly do that! Now here comes the wonderful tasks of finding jobs. We are keeping our fingers crossed, does anybody know anything about the darby or hamilton school district? Are they looking for elementary teachers???

Old 02-20-2007, 01:52 PM
MHT

434 posts, read 2,258,306 times
Default teaching jobs

Here is the website of the Montana Office of Public Instruction. www.opi.state.mt.us (broken link) Check it out for jobs all over the state. I didn't look to see if they had openings in Darby but it's a place to start. Good luck.

Old 02-20-2007, 02:59 PM

777 posts, read 3,203,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guinness212 View Post
Thanks we will definetly do that! Now here comes the wonderful tasks of finding jobs. We are keeping our fingers crossed, does anybody know anything about the darby or hamilton school district? Are they looking for elementary teachers???
Wow!! Brave souls. Moving without having jobs lined up Sometimes I wish I could do that. Good luck to you guys.

Old 02-20-2007, 04:41 PM

We are young and dumb! LOL, no we are actually both in that transition part in our life, we are getting married in June and I'm graduating college. We just figure how many times in your life can you actually just pick up and move anywhere you want. And if this blows up and our face, we can at least say we tried it! It's our adventure, and we both can't wait to give it a try!

Old 02-20-2007, 04:53 PM

989 posts, read 3,533,949 times
Are you both teachers?? I know a district that LOVES to hire teaching couples.

When you get to Montana in July dont freak out about how dry we will be. The summers here are great but we will be very very dry at that time of year, August even more so.

Old 02-20-2007, 09:30 PM

Yep we are both teachers, however my fiance also does wildland firefighting. So he's hoping to join a crew, so many those dry summer months will bring him some work! Thanks for the input AQHA, we've heard nothing but great things about Montana, and we can't wait to be there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana