Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2009, 08:55 AM

104 posts, read 376,415 times

Advertisements

I thought I start this thread because there seems to be a flood of people wanting to move to Montana. I too am GUILTY of that! I figured this would be great for us newbie’s who want to move but would also like to see what other possible movers are thinking.

KEEP IT SHORT, SWEET, AND TO THE POINT!!

1) Current City and State =

2) Why do you want to leave =

3) Where In Montana and Why =

4) 2nd and 3rd Place States =

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving =

6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? =
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 08:27 PM

2 posts, read 9,692 times
Default Respond

[quote=Solidwood;10511566]I thought I start this thread because there seems to be a flood of people wanting to move to Montana. I too am GUILTY of that! I figured this would be great for us newbie’s who want to move but would also like to see what other possible movers are thinking.

1) Current City and State = Atlanta, Georgia

2) Why do you want to leave = Over populated with crime. no community

3) Where In Montana and Why = not sure still looking

4) 2nd and 3rd Place States = wymonig and idaho

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving = need a job and a place to live before moving.

6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? = looking for a community to live where my husband and I can start a family.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:58 PM

791 posts, read 2,958,123 times

1) Current City and State = Reno, NV

2) Why do you want to leave = Want nicer scenery, smaller & safer place

3) Where In Montana and Why = Bozeman, but just started looking

4) 2nd and 3rd Place States = Colorado & Arkansas

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving = Haven't decided on a place

6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? = Would love to live somewhere that is slower pace but has access to a large airport and sunny days are mandatory.

I look forward to what others have to say.

Old 09-07-2009, 06:31 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,670,675 times
There are lots of threads about Montana.
Here is one if you are interested.//www.city-data.com/forum/monta...e-montana.html

Old 09-07-2009, 08:07 AM

9,341 posts, read 29,672,241 times
Here are some of those other threads about why people want to move to Montana:
//www.city-data.com/forum/monta...e-montana.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/monta...ntana-but.html

And, for the opposing viewpoint:

Old 01-14-2010, 05:40 PM

3 posts, read 10,502 times
Bah.

I just saw this as a 'related thread' after making my thread!

Quote:
1) Current City and State = Raleigh, NC

2) Why do you want to leave = People (rather, prevailing attitudes); poor planning; government...for us, this is less of a 'why leave?' question and more of a 'why go?'

3) Where In Montana and Why = We don't know! I'm completely lost and have no idea.

4) 2nd and 3rd Place States = Idaho and Wyoming

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving = Decision making. I just got braces on; that had been a holdback, but I finally just decided I am fine with traveling back to NC for visits.

6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? = Cookies are awesome.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:18 PM

36 posts, read 121,946 times
I'm loving reading everyone's answers to this!

1) Current City and State = Santa Fe, NM/Honolulu, HI

2) Why do you want to leave = Want to live somewhere with continuous forest, relatively unpopulated, a graduate program in anthro

3) Where In Montana and Why = Missoula - school, restaurants, grant-writing work, I prefer medium-size cities (50,000-100,000 pop).

4) 2nd and 3rd Place States = idaho, washington

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving = making and saving money for the move.

6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? = I love NM, but don't want to have to live in Albuquerque in order to go back to school or commute from santa fe. I've been doing lots of research (i love this forum!) into the move and am so excited about montana! the people who i've met who have lived in missoula have gone on and on about how much they love the place. everything about it seems to suit me. I'm looking to rent a little place a bit out of town, get some chickens and another dog, and do grant-writing work till i qualify for resident tuition.

Old 01-15-2010, 07:52 AM

519 posts, read 1,377,040 times
1) Current City and State = Edon, Ohio

2) Why do you want to leave = More opportunity, and want the pace that montana has, more secluded, want a change of everything. Been in Ohio our whole lives, have wanted to move for yrs, and now we are trying to make it happen.

3) Where In Montana and Why = Great Falls, poss. Helena. A possible job opprtunity for hubby.

4) 2nd and 3rd Place States = Colorado, maybe Idaho

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving = Waiting for things to fall in place.

6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? = Just follow your dreams and don't let anyone tell you that you can't achive what you want to do.

Old 03-06-2010, 07:15 PM

30 posts, read 60,103 times
I love Montana....Helena is the best kept secret!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana