Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 01:26 PM

406 posts, read 1,359,958 times

Advertisements

[quote=jimj;6743790]
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanafarrier View Post
If america drank less booze and smoked more pot, we'd be in a better condition.
QUOTE]
Or we'd at least not remember being in a poor condition! The one downside to pot is what it does to the short term memory (if I remember right..)
My whole outlook on this is if a state makes it legal through a vote then the Feds should stay out of it as it's none of their business!
i completely agree with you there... the fed must have some kind of vested interest in marijuana being illegal. a weed, scheduled as a class 1 drug? with the only side effects being slight memory loss and weight gain? hmmm. i've taken non-prescription drugs with worse side effects.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2008, 01:29 PM

the government should take the billions of dollars it spends on fighting marijuana and put it towards eradicating meth use in my opinion. i had a tenant who started smoking meth in my place once. i didn't have any experience with drugs at the time, but i heard of what happens to meth labs. everything needs to be torn out, and replaced. luckily i was spared this, but it got my heart pumping for awhile.

Old 12-30-2008, 01:45 AM

305 posts, read 869,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael11747 View Post
i voted for it, simply because after only 1 hour of my research into marijuana i was convinced that it is harmless, and it has been considered a medicine for 5000 years.

i would love to hear if someone has taken advantage of this initiative, and if they were ostracized by it. but for the most part i have seen a "see no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil" policy towards marijuana here.
There will always be arguments on either side of this issues. Some claim it does no harm others claim it does - whether on a personal rights issue or with health.

InfoFacts - Marijuana

Effects of Marijuana - The Health Effects of Marijuana

Old 12-30-2008, 01:43 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,056,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael11747 View Post
wyoming is a whole different situation from my experience. it's a good ole boy's club down there. if you're not in with the mormons, you need to have an in with the cowboys, or the energy guys. i tried my luck down there, but we found it to be a closed community (just outside of powell).
I am sorry for your experience... But just to let you know, one town doesn't reflect on the whole entire state.

I live in Sheridan, which sometimes gets a bad rap, because of good ole boys, and energy people... Being a newcomer, I have experienced that from some folks. However, I live next door to the nicest people. Some of the nicest people I have ever met in my lifetime, have been in Wyoming. One of my neighbors has lived here several generations and welcomed my family into his home during the holidays, cause we had no family close by.

I think rather than judge the entire state based on one town, you should try to get to know people in communities all over the state. You would be pleasantly surprised I think.

During the energy boom, in Wyoming a lot of greed was brought out of some individuals. But now that things are slowing in Wyoming, Methane companies are laying off as well as other energy companies.

The decent folks that live in Wyoming, because they love it here, stay and are the same as they have always been.

Anyways, not trying to hijack this topic, but give a little insight about Wyoming.

Old 12-30-2008, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristynwy View Post
I am sorry for your experience... But just to let you know, one town doesn't reflect on the whole entire state.

I live in Sheridan, which sometimes gets a bad rap, because of good ole boys, and energy people... Being a newcomer, I have experienced that from some folks. However, I live next door to the nicest people. Some of the nicest people I have ever met in my lifetime, have been in Wyoming. One of my neighbors has lived here several generations and welcomed my family into his home during the holidays, cause we had no family close by.

I think rather than judge the entire state based on one town, you should try to get to know people in communities all over the state. You would be pleasantly surprised I think.

During the energy boom, in Wyoming a lot of greed was brought out of some individuals. But now that things are slowing in Wyoming, Methane companies are laying off as well as other energy companies.

The decent folks that live in Wyoming, because they love it here, stay and are the same as they have always been.

Anyways, not trying to hijack this topic, but give a little insight about Wyoming.
no we had an ok time... we had an in with the mormons because my wife's family is all mormon, but we couldn't really participate in much. we spent our time in the bighorns and yellowstone. it is a beautiful area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana