Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 12:36 PM

406 posts, read 1,360,124 times

Advertisements

hello! here is a thread which is a little more upbeat than my previous thread. i honestly have no idea what the natives think of Initiative 148, the medical marijuana proposition.

i voted for it, simply because after only 1 hour of my research into marijuana i was convinced that it is harmless, and it has been considered a medicine for 5000 years.

i would love to hear if someone has taken advantage of this initiative, and if they were ostracized by it. but for the most part i have seen a "see no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil" policy towards marijuana here.

anyways, enlighten me.

but remember, the FED laws take precedent, and employers can still fire you for "drug use" even with a prescription across the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2008, 05:23 PM

224 posts, read 957,285 times
'ere.....

Old 12-27-2008, 11:42 PM

they just have an emoticon for every situation don't they?

Old 12-29-2008, 12:17 AM

18 posts, read 84,282 times
I know a veteran from Miles City that got medical marajuana for several years because of some malady.
He said everybody in that town knows everybody's business but he never had any bad exp. with locals.
Montana is a state that values its' statehood and freedom from big brother.
The people are conservative but pretty much non-judgemental.
I lived in montana for awhile and never saw the cops hassle anyone like they can do in wyoming. I'm not sure i ever saw a cop pull anyone over in a car the whole time i was in montana. That may be because the cops are very freedom loving folks as well.
Marajuana is so misunderstood in america that i marvel at the ignorance of people.
I guess it's changing tho, I remember watching "Dragnet" as a kid and they portrayed
people tripping on marajuana- like eating a paintbrush full of paint instead of using it to paint a room with.
If america drank less booze and smoked more pot, we'd be in a better condition.

Wyoming is a different story.

Old 12-29-2008, 12:36 AM

wyoming is a whole different situation from my experience. it's a good ole boy's club down there. if you're not in with the mormons, you need to have an in with the cowboys, or the energy guys. i tried my luck down there, but we found it to be a closed community (just outside of powell).

yea i have heard nothing bad about marijuana from users. i recently met and talked in depth with a guy in livingston (who shouldnt be too hard to identify) who grows it legally. what a guy! the nicest, most mild mannered individual i have met in a long time. to me, this is a non-issue, but i am still interested about attitudes out here towards it. the kids, i am sure, love it, what about the old folk, who have arthritis, glaucoma, cancer, etc? i have never met anyone here who takes advantage of prop 148.

i have some old injuries that i was told would qualify me for it, but they don't bug me too much. only in the winters, and springtime.

Old 12-29-2008, 05:17 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,067,614 times
Good luck finding a doctor who will sign the "qualifying conditions" affidavit.

Old 12-29-2008, 07:14 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
[quote=montanafarrier;6742298]If america drank less booze and smoked more pot, we'd be in a better condition.
QUOTE]
Or we'd at least not remember being in a poor condition! The one downside to pot is what it does to the short term memory (if I remember right..)
My whole outlook on this is if a state makes it legal through a vote then the Feds should stay out of it as it's none of their business!

Old 12-29-2008, 08:20 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,067,614 times
The local police in Plains had been harassing a very good doctor there because he was pro medical MJ. He got fed up and moved to Washington. Because of this local witch-hunt, that town lost a very good doctor. I don't know if the feds were behind this or not but a lot of older residents of "Wild Horse Plains" are very sorry to see this happen to him.

Old 12-29-2008, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
The local police in Plains had been harassing a very good doctor there because he was pro medical MJ. He got fed up and moved to Washington. Because of this local witch-hunt, that town lost a very good doctor. I don't know if the feds were behind this or not but a lot of older residents of "Wild Horse Plains" are very sorry to see this happen to him.
wow i never heard of that. poor fellow, i don't blame him for moving. once the police start knocking on your door, things change i bet.

Old 12-29-2008, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Good luck finding a doctor who will sign the "qualifying conditions" affidavit.
yea, i'm not looking for one, but i read an article in the paper talking about a center opening up which puts people in touch with these doctors. the center would be in bozeman, and the article is about a week old, which sparked my interest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana