U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 04:05 PM

1,305 posts, read 2,546,112 times

Advertisements

One thing that comes to mind when reading your post is your wife may not be thrilled with many places in Montana is she loves to go out to eat and shop. The shopping is improving in some parts of the state but in many parts it's rather sparse. The touristy places have lots of restuarants but they're not often frequented by locals, normally only tourists. Just something to think about.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2008, 03:50 PM

6,023 posts, read 13,378,268 times
The original poster should be praised for choosing nursing as a vocation. My mother was a nurse and I know what kind of person it takes to be one. Please don't think that Montana won't welcome you with open arms. We need nurses here more than other areas because the pay is low here for every profession. Visit here and decide for yourself if you want to live here or not. Don't listen to the naysayers and grumps and follow your heart. Nurses are real heroes in my opinion.

Old 10-05-2008, 06:37 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,153,750 times
I will agree that the pay is much lower than in many areas but the cost of housing is lower also. One thing to remember is the weather, driving to work at 10pm on a frozen road is a real experience. However you will find yourself doing many things and sharpening your assessment skills. Also many schools are closing and consolidating so check into that information since you have young ones. Sorry, I do not have any information on the IHS except for what I hear on the scanner. They also have traveler nurses such as Prairie Travelers, and flight nurses. Very exciting work. Good Luck, check with the Nursing Department for the state.

Old 10-05-2008, 06:39 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,153,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
The original poster should be praised for choosing nursing as a vocation. My mother was a nurse and I know what kind of person it takes to be one. Please don't think that Montana won't welcome you with open arms. We need nurses here more than other areas because the pay is low here for every profession. Visit here and decide for yourself if you want to live here or not. Don't listen to the naysayers and grumps and follow your heart. Nurses are real heroes in my opinion.
Thanks for your kind words. It is a job you are born into. Perhaps karma for past life mistakes

Old 10-05-2008, 09:24 PM

Or building karma for future mistakes ??? !!!

Old 10-06-2008, 02:28 PM

10 posts, read 34,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Or building karma for future mistakes ??? !!!
Karma Credit?

Thank you all for the info!

Old 10-09-2008, 12:26 AM

No a karma IRA !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana