Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 12:05 PM

14 posts, read 48,087 times

Advertisements

Hi. My husband and I are wanting to move our three children to Montana, but we are all born and raised in Texas, so we have no clue about your beautiful state except what we found on internet. We are looking for small, quaint, rural living, with friendly people, lots of snow, no heat, and beautiful scenery.
We are 40 miles North of Houston..population 50,000. We want smaller. Any information would get us started in the right direction.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 12:10 PM

1,219 posts, read 3,169,841 times
I'll say the same thing many others have said. I'd come and visit first before deciding to move somewhere. Sometimes the grass isn't always greener on the other side, take some time to check it out before taking the plunge. (Just a suggestion)

Old 08-13-2008, 12:14 PM

Thank you for your reply. We were thinking of visiting in the spring, and somewhere around Kalispell. Would that be a good place to start?

Old 08-13-2008, 04:36 PM

2 posts, read 8,313 times
Default Rural Monana

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimnTx View Post
Hi. My husband and I are wanting to move our three children to Montana, but we are all born and raised in Texas, so we have no clue about your beautiful state except what we found on internet. We are looking for small, quaint, rural living, with friendly people, lots of snow, no heat, and beautiful scenery.
We are 40 miles North of Houston..population 50,000. We want smaller. Any information would get us started in the right direction.
Thank you in advance for your help.
I f you want to move to Montana, We live in a very small rural town. We have 260 people here, Cold in the winter beautiful scenery all around. Great hunting and fishing. Our school is K- 12th grade. I brought my family here 3 years ago from Sacramento Ca. It was a big change, but great for the kids. Anyway I forgot to tell where, Lima Montana. Look us up on the net, and if you have any questions feel free to write me. Rick

Old 08-13-2008, 04:40 PM

2 posts, read 8,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf232 View Post
I'll say the same thing many others have said. I'd come and visit first before deciding to move somewhere. Sometimes the grass isn't always greener on the other side, take some time to check it out before taking the plunge. (Just a suggestion)
you were right on with that! I took the plunge for my wife, Now I am here!!!!

Old 08-13-2008, 05:06 PM

1,250 posts, read 3,605,757 times
Kalispell is very good place to start ....anywhere near Flathead Lake ...Whitefish/Columbia Falls ...can't beat it ...close to Glacier National Park ...cold by Texas standards but much milder than farther east in MT

Old 08-13-2008, 05:34 PM

I've visited Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Canada, and Alaska, so as far as cold weather is concerned, I have an idea what to expect. Only we want to move someplace much simpler. We aren't big on malls, golf courses or resorts, just nice friendly people, who like the simple life as well.
We want to live in a place where we can park on one end of town with doors unlocked and walk safely as a family to the other end of town, visiting shops and saying hi to folks we know by name. A sort of Mayberry type of setting.
We have a deep love of old towns that don't change just because other towns have.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:00 PM

1,305 posts, read 2,755,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimnTx View Post
We have a deep love of old towns that don't change just because other towns have.
Towns that don't change defintely does not describe Kalispell or anywhere in the Flathead Valley...I was born and raised there and can hardly recognize the place today

Old 08-13-2008, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtrees View Post
Towns that don't change defintely does not describe Kalispell or anywhere in the Flathead Valley...I was born and raised there and can hardly recognize the place today
hmm...Can you give me any other prospects?

Old 08-14-2008, 09:31 AM

Can anyone please tell me about the schools? If you moved to Montana from another state, was it hard for your child/children to adjust? Did they have an easy time making new friends? Any info would be great..thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana