Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 01:05 PM

79 posts, read 234,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustfundhipster View Post
Are you really that stupid? I mean, seriously. I thought this 'death panel' hogwash was just a GOP playbook move for people to scare the bejesus out of old people but do you honestly believe this?

No wonder the United States places so poorly when it comes to comparative collective IQ to other world nations. Stupid country.

One of Obama's advisors is Ezekial Emmanuel, who has devised the "complete lives system" in which a person's value to society peaks from 15 to 40, then drops off from there. Kennedy would not have the opportunity to fly to Duke if his name was Jones.

Britain's NHS has a similiar program called the QUALY number. It's how they ration care and justify the refusal of elderly patients.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2009, 01:32 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,670,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Teddy K. had one good trait-- he supported owning well-mannered purebred dogs.

Other than that, I can't think of a single positive thing to say about him personally, or about "what he did for his country".

Well, I take that back. He'd probably have been a better president than Holy-O, if only because we'd have known what we were getting into. Of course, since the mob vowed his tenure in office wouldn't last past swearing in, we'da had to make sure the VP was someone we could live with...
Rez I think ole Teddy will still be working the puppet strings on the POTUS even from the grave.
No disrespect to the dead, a great family that sacraficed much.
Love, love your dog remark. Sunny and Splash I think I heard were their names.

Old 08-30-2009, 02:23 PM

102 posts, read 271,735 times
I would like to add a few things to this list of Kennedy misdeeds.

1. He trashed a very fine man in Judge Bork in 1987. I recall watching Kennedy's attack on Bork and realizing something terrible to this country was occuring. Polarization and dislike, or more, between those of political parties began at that moment. I would NEVER, EVER, vote for a Democrat again. Similar happened with Clarence Thomas.

2. It was disclosed after the fall of the old Soviet Union the following:

This letter which details Senator Edward Kennedy’s offer to help the Soviet Union defeat Reagan’s efforts to build up the nuclear deterrent in Europe was unearthed by a Times of London reporter in the 1990s after the KGB files were opened.
It got little or no attention, however, until the publication of Paul Kengor’s book "The Crusader – Ronald Reagan and the Fall of Communism."

I will not copy and paste the entirety of the letter from Kennedy to the Soviets but in so many words Kennedy reassurred the Soviets that Kennedy and other Americans stood with them, not Reagan. Contact me if you want the link to the letter.

Despicable.

Old 08-30-2009, 02:42 PM

17 posts, read 44,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBTD View Post
One of Obama's advisors is Ezekial Emmanuel, who has devised the "complete lives system" in which a person's value to society peaks from 15 to 40, then drops off from there. Kennedy would not have the opportunity to fly to Duke if his name was Jones.

Britain's NHS has a similiar program called the QUALY number. It's how they ration care and justify the refusal of elderly patients.
If you notice..That's the exact same thing the leftiest idol Hitler did..Does all this scare or bother all you good folk as much as it does me? I'll be honest..It has me a little more then bothered.

Old 08-30-2009, 07:20 PM

6 posts, read 16,893 times
Smile Montana & Ted Kennedy

I am from NE Washington State but have just returned from MT. Most of my relatives live in MT. I am in the process of a move to eastern MT-- between Miles City & Glendive in a very small town named Fallon.
I can tell you that liberals in general are not liked at all in central or the eastern part of Montana. You will find a pocket of liberal minded people around Missoula it being a college town--UM and other parts of western MT.
I can guarantee you that I am no fan of Ted Kennedy. He is one of my least favorite Senators of all time. I like you feel that he was a very bad man and got bailed out on many occations by his family & other people with power. I have never agreed with his political stands.

Old 08-30-2009, 08:03 PM

93 posts, read 309,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trustfundhipster View Post
Are you really that stupid? I mean, seriously. I thought this 'death panel' hogwash was just a GOP playbook move for people to scare the bejesus out of old people but do you honestly believe this?

No wonder the United States places so poorly when it comes to comparative collective IQ to other world nations. Stupid country.
[Mod cut - rude] And the irony about "death panels" is that it was something Sarah Palin wrote in a little Facebook post and the left - partly because they are obsessed with her, partly because they're just stupid - spread it to all corners of the country with their denials, denunciations and snark befitting a fool who calls himself a trust fund hipster.

The GOP didn't need to do much of anything. And while the notion of death panels is a stretch, the left's hysterical reaction has inspired innumerable people to pay closer attention to details. And that has not been good for your cause. [Mod cut]

Last edited by ElkHunter; 09-01-2009 at 10:37 AM.. Reason: Rude personal attack

Old 08-30-2009, 08:24 PM

34 posts, read 98,224 times
To reply to the original post, I don't think most Montanans think/thought of Mr. Kennedy much.

Last edited by ElkHunter; 09-01-2009 at 10:38 AM.. Reason: I'm cleaning it up.

Old 08-30-2009, 10:05 PM

79 posts, read 234,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TypicalCalifornian View Post
I would like to add a few things to this list of Kennedy misdeeds.

1. He trashed a very fine man in Judge Bork in 1987. I recall watching Kennedy's attack on Bork and realizing something terrible to this country was occuring. Polarization and dislike, or more, between those of political parties began at that moment. I would NEVER, EVER, vote for a Democrat again. Similar happened with Clarence Thomas.

2. It was disclosed after the fall of the old Soviet Union the following:

This letter which details Senator Edward Kennedy’s offer to help the Soviet Union defeat Reagan’s efforts to build up the nuclear deterrent in Europe was unearthed by a Times of London reporter in the 1990s after the KGB files were opened.
It got little or no attention, however, until the publication of Paul Kengor’s book "The Crusader – Ronald Reagan and the Fall of Communism."

I will not copy and paste the entirety of the letter from Kennedy to the Soviets but in so many words Kennedy reassurred the Soviets that Kennedy and other Americans stood with them, not Reagan. Contact me if you want the link to the letter.

Despicable.

I forgot to mention that.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:21 AM

305 posts, read 869,078 times
Some good reading on Ted:

Letter Details Kennedy Offer To USSR | Sweetness & Light

A SOBER LOOK AT TED KENNEDY: GQ Features on men.style.com (http://men.style.com/gq/features/landing?id=content_5585 - broken link)

Old 08-31-2009, 10:06 AM

8,087 posts, read 15,153,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman2007 View Post
Some good reading on Ted:

Letter Details Kennedy Offer To USSR | Sweetness & Light

A SOBER LOOK AT TED KENNEDY: GQ Features on men.style.com (http://men.style.com/gq/features/landing?id=content_5585 - broken link)

Reagan's strategy may not have been understood by most people (basically it was to get the USSR to over-extend and bankrupt itself trying to keep up with the military joneses -- and it worked!) but geez, this from someone who had contacts in the inner circle?!

[cynical little voice] Of course, if the fall of the USSR could be postponed until a Democrat was in the White House, then someone else could take credit for it...[/cynical little voice]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana