U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 04:44 PM

79 posts, read 258,626 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are interested in relocating in Montana. We would like to be somewhere where we can see lots of wildlife (Moose, Elk, Bear, Turkey) hopefully, occasionally out our windows. Does wildlife come out of the parks into the Whitefish area? We thought this area was beautiful.

We spent some time in and around Kalispell last week but didn't see any wildlife until we went into the eastern part of Glacier. We talked to a realtor who lives outside Kalispell who told us he doesn't see much wildlife (other than whitetailed deer).

Can you recommend other areas in or near the mountains where wildlife is abundant? Thanks.

Sue
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 05:08 PM

1,436 posts, read 3,109,024 times
We got wildlife out the ying yang. The deer are like yard ornaments almost daily, turkeys are everywhere, fox like digging in the garbage, and the bears spread the garbage all over the hill. Every now and then you'll catch a glimpse of a cat ! Neighbor down below has goats and they sort of take a liking to them.

Here is the little guy that has been hanging around for the last week. I finally got fed up with him making a mess after 3 days and been out chasing him as much as I could to run him off the last two days. He hasn't been too happy with me about that and took a stand a time or two . Haven't seen him since yesterday afternoon... he's due back any minute though if he keeps to his schedule !

He's been playing games with me. The last couple days he's been here, he comes up to the back of the house and beats on it... not kidding ! Couldn't figure out why then it was brought to my attention that my wife was FEEDING HIM COOKIES OUT THE BEDROOM WINDOW .

Now he's mocking me... I'm gonna feed her to him in a minute...

//www.city-data.com/forum/membe...-100-0630.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/membe...-100-0626.html

Old 09-28-2009, 05:20 PM

Thanks Stephan! He's a big boy! Where do you live?

Sue

Old 09-28-2009, 05:48 PM

Kila, W of Kalispell... actually he's a little guy, not quite 4'. He does look bigger than he actually is in the pictures.

He has attitude of a bigger bear though that's for sure ! He was snorting, clawing and beating on stumps and the trees when I was chasing him around. Didn't know how to take him at first... But I got his number now. He's a sissy bear... now if (when) he comes back next year this time, I'll have to re-evaluate my actions.

Old 09-28-2009, 06:18 PM

18,696 posts, read 39,210,259 times
Like these?

Old 09-28-2009, 06:38 PM

Nice...

Old 09-28-2009, 06:48 PM

Beautiful! Where did you take those? Are there many moose in Montana?

Old 09-28-2009, 07:10 PM

189 posts, read 313,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan_K View Post
Kila, W of Kalispell... actually he's a little guy, not quite 4'. He does look bigger than he actually is in the pictures.

He has attitude of a bigger bear though that's for sure ! He was snorting, clawing and beating on stumps and the trees when I was chasing him around. Didn't know how to take him at first... But I got his number now. He's a sissy bear... now if (when) he comes back next year this time, I'll have to re-evaluate my actions.
Not to be a downer or anything but... You should re-evaluate NOW. At least, your wife sure should! Feeding the cute little guy teaches him that humans are a food source, and that he does not need to fear them.

Here's a story about a nice lady who thought that bears were cute:

Autopsy: Bear Killed Woman who Fed Animals - CBS News

Old 09-28-2009, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klapton View Post
Not to be a downer or anything but... You should re-evaluate NOW. At least, your wife sure should! Feeding the cute little guy teaches him that humans are a food source, and that he does not need to fear them.

Here's a story about a nice lady who thought that bears were cute:

Autopsy: Bear Killed Woman who Fed Animals - CBS News
Your not being a downer at all. That part of it has already been re-evaluated and addressed. I told her if I catch her feeding that bear again I was going to feed her to him next !

She knows what she did was wrong, she definitely realizes that and won't be doing it again... Or else !

Old 09-28-2009, 09:30 PM

1,309 posts, read 2,677,531 times
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v141/dlts4u/
love the bear pics! the realtor who told you he doesnt see any wildlife must live in town,we see just about everything in all around us,lions,moose,bear,deer ,elk,turkey, and only 2 miles out of lakeside
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana