U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-03-2009, 10:42 AM
 
2,087 posts, read 1,590,817 times
Reputation: 262

Advertisements

The bottom line is big business owns america and i find it funny that freedom loving conservatives continue to do the most to keep it that way. Let the insurance industry that has been screwing the american public for 30 years keep on running healthcare. What ever happened to the America that knew how to take care of its own people??
Rate this post positively

 
Old 11-03-2009, 03:51 PM
 
Location: West Yellowstone, MT
239 posts, read 648,112 times
Reputation: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
there is well documented evidence that fox lies at a much higher rate than other news outlets. You can look it up. As for the on the payroll issue, I believe you are wrong. Fox is basically a representative of the right wing. Sure there are opinion shows on all channels but fox lies on their "news" shows. Have you ever looked up the connections between fox and big corps, and the rep. party? Its quite obvious fox is on the payroll. Other channels admit they have opinion shows, fox tries to represent their opinion as fact. Again you can find this info a ton of places. Its quite easy to verify whether stories have any real validity or not. I dont just believe anything I hear.
You are all messed up. This is simply about ratings. FOX News is entertainment. Fox started a program with a very conservative slant. NBC started their version too. The phenomenon is that people are more entertained by FOX News and ratings have soared. MSNBC has floundered. Did you know that more democrats watch FOX than MSNBC? FOX employees get paid by Rupert Murdoch not the RNC.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-03-2009, 03:55 PM
 
Location: West Yellowstone, MT
239 posts, read 648,112 times
Reputation: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
first off maybe you don understand "rates" even if the top 25% pay 85% of the taxes ( which I am not sure thats true) they control more than 25% of the money so its still not equal percentages. A normal person pays 20-30% taxes on there money but people making alot of money do not. Money that earns money is limited to 15% max, you only pay certain taxes on you first 90,000 etc etc etc. there are tons of loop holes for the rich. Not to mention the huge tax breaks that bush gave to the upper echelon. Even your numbers don't equal tax equality.


Secondly huge corporations do not send jobs over seas because of taxes they send them because of cheap a** labor.

You everyman for himself attitude makes for a pretty un-american country don't you think??
You seem to throw around a bunch of ??? based on little knowledge of the facts. 20-30% ? Last year my wife and I paid over 60% taxes, and we have a very good CPA.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-03-2009, 04:03 PM
 
Location: West Yellowstone, MT
239 posts, read 648,112 times
Reputation: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
There are news sources that simply supply facts.
Definition of "fact"

1. something that actually exists; reality; truth: Your fears have no basis in fact. 2. something known to exist or to have happened: Space travel is now a fact. 3. a truth known by actual experience or observation; something known to be true: Scientists gather facts about plant growth. 4. something said to be true or supposed to have happened: The facts given by the witness are highly questionable. 5. Law. Often, facts. an actual or alleged event or circumstance, as distinguished from its legal effect or consequence. Compare question of fact, question of law.
I get tired of the sloppy use of the word "fact". A "fact" is something that is mutually agreed upon be EVERYONE. A news network or politician using "facts" to forward their ideas is something to be careful of.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-03-2009, 04:06 PM
 
Location: West Yellowstone, MT
239 posts, read 648,112 times
Reputation: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
Ever heard of Rupert Murdoch?
Ever hear of George Soros?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-03-2009, 04:14 PM
 
Location: West Yellowstone, MT
239 posts, read 648,112 times
Reputation: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
Let the insurance industry that has been screwing the american public for 30 years keep on running healthcare.
At least with the current system there is a legal remedy against insurance companies. Try suing the federal government if they run health care.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-03-2009, 05:41 PM
 
2,087 posts, read 1,590,817 times
Reputation: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Doer View Post
You are all messed up. This is simply about ratings. FOX News is entertainment. Fox started a program with a very conservative slant. NBC started their version too. The phenomenon is that people are more entertained by FOX News and ratings have soared. MSNBC has floundered. Did you know that more democrats watch FOX than MSNBC? FOX employees get paid by Rupert Murdoch not the RNC.


Check your info, sure they get paid by Murdoch but there are quite a few also on the payroll of the RNC as well as other "questionable" connections
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-03-2009, 05:48 PM
 
2,087 posts, read 1,590,817 times
Reputation: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Doer View Post
You seem to throw around a bunch of ??? based on little knowledge of the facts. 20-30% ? Last year my wife and I paid over 60% taxes, and we have a very good CPA.

60% taxes

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ME/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png (broken link)file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ME/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png (broken link)

were do you live canada??? the highest federal rate is 35% and thats for over 375,000 dollars and the highest of any state I could find was 11. so even if you make over 375 and live in a hard taxed state thats only 46%

Plus that 375 has to be after all your deductions and if you make 375 I know you have a list of deductions.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-03-2009, 05:52 PM
 
2,087 posts, read 1,590,817 times
Reputation: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Doer View Post
Definition of "fact"

1. something that actually exists; reality; truth: Your fears have no basis in fact. 2. something known to exist or to have happened: Space travel is now a fact. 3. a truth known by actual experience or observation; something known to be true: Scientists gather facts about plant growth. 4. something said to be true or supposed to have happened: The facts given by the witness are highly questionable. 5. Law. Often, facts. an actual or alleged event or circumstance, as distinguished from its legal effect or consequence. Compare question of fact, question of law.
I get tired of the sloppy use of the word "fact". A "fact" is something that is mutually agreed upon be EVERYONE. A news network or politician using "facts" to forward their ideas is something to be careful of.


So if i disagree that the ocean is salt water it is no longer fact?? I guess so because than everyone would not agree. Read your defintion. Something know to exist or to have happened. Not everyone will believe it. I mean come on people have arguments against everything. I think something that can be truely documented is pretty universally accepted as fact.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-03-2009, 06:04 PM
 
2,087 posts, read 1,590,817 times
Reputation: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Doer View Post
Ever hear of George Soros?

And???Does that change the fact that 90% of media is owned by conservatives??? So the guys invested money to beat bush and has money to invest in media outlets. Still not close to murdoch.



Please stop saying the media is liberal, thats the biggest bunch of crap I ever heard. (waiting for you guys to freak out but its true. the media is no more liberal than the mets are the world series champs)
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top