Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 06:10 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,765,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Doer View Post
At least with the current system there is a legal remedy against insurance companies. Try suing the federal government if they run health care.

Really there is? try telling that to the 144 people a day that die due to lack of healthcare. try telling that to people who stop receiving cancer treatment because they reached their policy limit. Try telling that to people denied claims on policies they have paid on for 20 years because they had a pre-existing condition or filled out the application wrong. try telling that to a woman who was raped and can no longer get insurance because she is to high risk.

Not to mention that there are laws protecting big pharma from being sued over dangerous drugs.

I also will assume that you will reject your medicare when you retire? I also assume that veterans should no longer receive healthcare? Give me a break what exactly would there be to sue them over? There would be no policy maximum limit, no pre-existing conditions.

Old 11-03-2009, 06:16 PM

^^^ not saying I love the current bill...............In every other civilized nation in the world it is illegal to profit from healthcare insurance. Those countries spend less than we do on healthcare and have healthier people.

Old 11-03-2009, 06:18 PM

239 posts, read 687,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
60% taxes

were do you live canada??? the highest federal rate is 35% and thats for over 375,000 dollars and the highest of any state I could find was 11. so even if you make over 375 and live in a hard taxed state thats only 46%

Plus that 375 has to be after all your deductions and if you make 375 I know you have a list of deductions.
Add in state taxes, county taxes, city taxes, sales taxes, fuel taxes, taxes on vehicles, utility taxes, etc. Thats not to mention the portion of what we buy that represents tax expenses by the manufacturer(big corporations). We paid over $250,000 in taxes in 2008 with $425,000 of income.

We live in a few places.

Old 11-03-2009, 06:21 PM

Quote:
^^^ not saying I love the current bill...............In every other civilized nation in the world it is illegal to profit from healthcare insurance. Those countries spend less than we do on healthcare and have healthier people.
Why do people from Canada come to the US for healthcare denied by their system?

Old 11-03-2009, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Add in state taxes, county taxes, city taxes, sales taxes, fuel taxes, taxes on vehicles, utility taxes, etc. Thats not to mention the portion of what we buy that represents tax expenses by the manufacturer(big corporations). We paid over $250,000 in taxes in 2008 with $425,000 of income.

We live in a few places.

I did ad state tax. Fuel tax and sales tax are not typically part of a tax equation and everyone pays them. Plus if you are keeping track of sales tax and fuel tax then you are getting deductions from them for one reason or another.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Why do people from Canada come to the US for healthcare denied by their system?

That is a complete false statement. People from canada come here for elective procedures not a by-pass. Sure there is a wait for someone to get a tummy-tuck but come to the states with money and you can be done next week. That is another fallacy put out there in attempt to stop reform. Why do people from the U.S go to europe to have procedures done??

Answer: because it is way more affordable.

Same reason people cross the boarder to canada to get prescriptions filled.

Old 11-04-2009, 08:43 AM

189 posts, read 799,349 times
Organick,

You've proven that you're very good at cut and paste as shown by your fine job of lashing out against Fox News, but how many of your thoughts are actually your own and not those you've regurgitated from pMSNBC?

The Federal Government can barely run Medicare, Medicaid, the VA or any of its other programs and you honestly expect that it can run the entire health care industry. If you believe that, then seriously you have issues that nobody on this board can help you with.

Everybody will admit that there are flaws with the current system and it needs some work, but throwing the whole system out and replacing it with this Obamanation is a joke! Tort reform and allowing interstate competition is the place to start, not one of these 2000 page bills that the Dems are trying to ram down out throats.

Old 11-04-2009, 09:38 AM

Quote:
if you are keeping track of sales tax and fuel tax then you are getting deductions from them for one reason or another.
I keep track of all my expenses and break out what part of it is tax. If everyone kept track of exactly what they pay in taxes, they may be as upset as I am.

Old 11-04-2009, 09:44 AM

Organick,

You are one of the many Obamabots infiltrating the message boards and blogs with your regurgitation prepared by the DNC. If you had to come up with your arguments on your own, you may do enough research to realize you are wrong. Obama is losing his mojo as evidenced by the governor races yesterday. Take away his teleprompter and his is a babbling fool.

Old 11-04-2009, 11:24 AM

8,087 posts, read 15,153,325 times
Quote:
That is a complete false statement. People from canada come here for elective procedures not a by-pass.
Tell that to my friend's mom, who died of bone cancer while waiting for the Canadian system to even ADMIT she was sick, let alone treat her. She was about 65 when she died, and had been getting the runaround from the Canadian healthcare system for FIVE YEARS. Why? she was "too old".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana