U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2007, 06:49 PM

1 posts, read 1,413 times

Advertisements

My wife and I have been reading many of the posts regarding native Montanans distaste for newcomers. We can certainly understand how you feel. Growth is not progress!! We are originally from Ohio but have lived in Florida the past 21 years. We have lived all over the state of Florida during that time period but the last 6 years or so have gotten downright sickening. Up in the panhandle there was a little coastal town called Destin that has lost its identity in the pursuit of the almighty dollar as it has sold out to developers and bridge-builders so that more out-of-staters can pile in on top of each other and ruin the beach. I know what you're thinking.....you're not originally from Florida! True....but I work and pay my taxes and am a productive citizen and have never had an alligator removed from my property. I hope you get my point.
Anyway in 2005 we vacationed in the Darby area and I fell deeply in love with Montana. Moving there is all I've thought about for two years. I have been in retail management for 20 years but I hear the job market out there is very tight.
Not everyone wants to change Montana....I want to live there for beauty of the outdoors and all there is to do. I don't want to live in a subdivision....I do that now and can feel it choking the life right out of me!
I would love to hear from anyone who might have some constructive advice or tips about job hunting out there....like a contact with a recruiter.
One of the great gifts we have in this country is the freedom to move and live where we choose......Moderator cut: off topic

Last edited by Marka; 06-19-2007 at 03:12 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

>