Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Monterey County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 06:30 PM

182 posts, read 927,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheri257 View Post
Not much that I can see. According to this website maybe one murder a year ... no murders in some years. It's certainly not like Salinas in that regard.
whew! Salinas... some areas are VERY nice. Other areas... well... I would not be in a bad section of town in daylight no less after dark!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2011, 12:59 PM

2 posts, read 4,804 times
Talking We LOVE MONTEREY!! The Best Place to Call Home!

Me and family family of 3 recently relocated to Monterey Townhouse Apartments from Redondo beach, CA after taking a regional manager position within my company. We had read so many exciting things about the city and only read about the BIG SUR Beaches along the Central Coast and after doing a little research we were dying to pay the city a visit.

We were very nervous about the possibility of moving 6 hours away from our family and friends with absolutely no one up here we would know (except of course my fellow employees).

However, we decided this opportunity was just too HUGE for me/us to pass up. This meant my wife would be able to stay home and spend more time with our 8 year old daughter after working as an Executive Admin Assistant for 7 years.We were very excited about the possibility of relocating to such a popular area but made sure to do our homework before making our official decision to accept the position.

After the long drive we arrive in Monterey and immediately fell in love! Nothing I can type could describe the beauty out here in Monterey County! The people out here seemed to live life in a more relaxing type of mind set. Coming from Socal this was a breath of fresh air!

We made sure to take advantage of our time out here by visiting potential communities to call home. Monterey is the definitely the priciest of local cities. However, if you want to enjoy the best living experience, Monterey is where it's at! We found a perfect little, well taken care of community within the city's popular Casanova Oak Knoll Neighborhood in the beautiful city of Monterey, near Fremont Blvd and Casanova Ave.

We fell so much in love with the area that we decided to put a hold and an apartment that same weekend..lol We returned back home with the biggest smile and good news to share with our family and friends that Monterey was in our near future and made the move 2 weeks later.

We have been here since February 2011 and I must say we love it!! We found a perfect place to call our "little piece of heaven" here in Monterey! We have some of the best neighbors and always joke around about how perfect our life has become since moving out here..lol.. We all know life is not perfect but this seems to be the closest we can get!

I am really grateful for this opportunity to call Monterey our city! I never really had a chance to thank my Community Manager for helping us find the perfect place to call our home with the best staff and neighbors anyone could have. We made many friends thanks to the monthly resident community events we have here..lol.. Monterey has some of the friendliest people!

Thank you MOD CUT and everyone else who have brought so much joy to me and my Family since moving here.

Sincerely,

Happy MontereyFamily

Last edited by NewToCA; 11-09-2011 at 06:01 PM.. Reason: lets not get into advertising, please

Old 02-17-2013, 01:41 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,197,275 times
I would choose either Gonzales or Soledad in South County. Soledad has almost 30,000 people now and at least you will have more basic amenities like a newer shopping center with CVS, Starbucks, grocery, a few eateries etc. I think Gonzales is a 17-18 mile commute and Soledad about 25 miles. Greenfield and King City are further out. Greenfield will be at least 30 miles and King City at least 40 miles away.

To the north Prunedale would be the closest at about 10 miles. They have a nice (by small town standards) shopping center there called Prune Tree with all the basics (Safeway, Starbucks, Subway, CVS, auto parts store, McDonald's, a pizza place and Chinese restaurant). It is a wooded, rolling hills setting unlike South County and the commute would be easy to Salinas. I am guessing Prunedale would be a little pricier than Gonzales and Soledad, but the lesser commute would offset some of that cost, too.

Old 04-28-2018, 01:17 AM

5 posts, read 7,255 times
Everything that I have read here is True. And renting, well I also lived in Texas. Paid $600. per month for a 3 br 2 ba 2 car garage home with 1/4 acre lot.
Here That costs around $3,000. per month . A decent bachelor Apt. will run around $1100.

Last edited by deardarla; 04-28-2018 at 01:18 AM.. Reason: miss spelled

Old 04-29-2018, 02:52 PM

295 posts, read 338,003 times
A 3 bedroom home with two car garage cost about 2000 dollars a month in rent in soledad. That for about 1600 square feet. In monterey you get about 900 sq feet 2bd 1 ba for 2300 a month but the living is so much different between Monterey and soledad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Monterey County