Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2014, 08:01 PM

4 posts, read 50,119 times

Advertisements

Hi Folks,

We looking to purchase a house in the Brossard area. What are some of the better sectors in Brossard? So far, from what I have seen personally, 'L', 'O', 'R' and 'S' seem to be some of the newer and better looking neighborhoods.

Is my observation accurate? I am mostly speaking from a young family's (we have a six year old son) point of view

Appreciate any information provided.

Thanks,
RN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 09:03 AM

17,142 posts, read 15,341,895 times
I used to live in S, on Schubert to be exact.
Relatively all of Brossard is pretty nice, but I would suggest anywhere South of Rome, especially the areas along the bike trail.
West S was a little bit too close to the freeway for my liking, and despite the massive noise-block wall there, traffic was still very audible.
West S was also more of a mix of rowhouses, condos and duplexes.
I would say East S is ideal. The area east of the trail, just before you hit Pelletier.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:13 AM

3,070 posts, read 5,230,012 times
Are you sending your child to French or English school? The B neighborhood is older but lots of anglophones, kids activities, and a great English school (Harold knapper).

Old 08-08-2014, 07:45 AM

17,142 posts, read 15,341,895 times
Overall I think Brossard is a very Anglo-friendly town.
The part where I lived (S) was mixed with all types of cultures, with heavy Asian and middle-eastern populations, all of which spoke English.
Also, while there, take advantage of places like the Champlain Mall (not HUGE, but VERY nice) and Quartier Dix30. Good choice on looking at Brossard. Definitely one of the best areas in Montreal.

Old 08-08-2014, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
I used to live in S, on Schubert to be exact.
Relatively all of Brossard is pretty nice, but I would suggest anywhere South of Rome, especially the areas along the bike trail.
West S was a little bit too close to the freeway for my liking, and despite the massive noise-block wall there, traffic was still very audible.
West S was also more of a mix of rowhouses, condos and duplexes.
I would say East S is ideal. The area east of the trail, just before you hit Pelletier.
Thank You for the response Arcenal. We will be visiting on Sydney this week and will keep an eye out for the noise you mentioned.

Old 08-08-2014, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliss2 View Post
Are you sending your child to French or English school? The B neighborhood is older but lots of anglophones, kids activities, and a great English school (Harold knapper).
Thanks aliss2 for the reply. My son goes to a private school, in sector S. That is one of the main reasons we are looking to move to Brossard.

I checked out Sector B but the buildings are older as you mentioned.

Old 08-08-2014, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Overall I think Brossard is a very Anglo-friendly town.
The part where I lived (S) was mixed with all types of cultures, with heavy Asian and middle-eastern populations, all of which spoke English.
Also, while there, take advantage of places like the Champlain Mall (not HUGE, but VERY nice) and Quartier Dix30. Good choice on looking at Brossard. Definitely one of the best areas in Montreal.
Personally not big on shopping but my wife is excited about the two malls.

Old 05-18-2020, 07:43 PM

2 posts, read 6,576 times
Default Best sectors in brossard

Hi
These days, which sectors in brossard are the best to live in ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal