Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2011, 01:52 PM

2 posts, read 3,683 times

Advertisements

I've to work in Morgantown, so I need to find a place locally. I'm trying to find a rental home in or around Morgantown. I'd like to get a place surrounding the city, not 20 miles away in Uniontown(20 miles) or Fairmont(30 miles).

Does anyone know who I can contact or need temporary house sitting? I'm able to repair and paint, so anyone looking for a no-complainer-shave-some-rent-off-for-services would like me.

Requirements:
Pet friendly
Whole house, not "a room"
Decent heating, no 30 year old boiler
Insulated house
Flexibility on the contract, job is solid until April, unsure if I'll stay in the area afterwards.

Any other advice would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 05:11 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,872,555 times
Tough sell on here. The university makes rental property a premium. Good luck.

Old 06-16-2011, 04:16 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,008,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beavers View Post
I've to work in Morgantown, so I need to find a place locally. I'm trying to find a rental home in or around Morgantown. I'd like to get a place surrounding the city, not 20 miles away in Uniontown(20 miles) or Fairmont(30 miles).

Does anyone know who I can contact or need temporary house sitting? I'm able to repair and paint, so anyone looking for a no-complainer-shave-some-rent-off-for-services would like me.

Requirements:
Pet friendly
Whole house, not "a room"
Decent heating, no 30 year old boiler
Insulated house
Flexibility on the contract, job is solid until April, unsure if I'll stay in the area afterwards.

Any other advice would be appreciated.
Your best bet would be to go through a realtor. Morgantown is a high demand rental area due to the area's excellent employment situation, the presence of The University, and Marcellus Shale activity. I think you could find a place that meets your needs, but limiting it to the April time frame would make it much more difficult.

Check out the Sunday Dominion Post newspaper. They generally have good listings there. http://www.dominionpost.com/

Where will you be working? Perhaps your future employer would have some ideas.

Old 06-18-2011, 12:01 PM

2 posts, read 3,683 times
I'll be working downtown. If I can find a place 2-3 miles away then there won't be a reason to drive, I'll be able to walk.

Old 06-18-2011, 08:37 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,008,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beavers View Post
I'll be working downtown. If I can find a place 2-3 miles away then there won't be a reason to drive, I'll be able to walk.
You wouldn't have to walk. Morgantown has an excellent and well used public transit system. Now is the best time to find a place though. Once the regular school year starts it sill be more difficult. Now, there are only 10,000 students in town for the Summer Session as opposed to 30,000 during the regular school year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown