U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-29-2011, 11:13 AM
 
10,148 posts, read 13,273,374 times
Reputation: 1782

Advertisements

West Virginia is a participant in the 29 high level research university group that will insure Morgantown/NCWV is a prime location for doctoral university level research for decades to come...

WVU Joins Major Research Universities to Create Ultra-High-Speed Regional Networks - State Journal - STATEJOURNAL.com (http://statejournal.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=104264 - broken link)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-29-2011, 04:33 PM
 
6,347 posts, read 8,893,172 times
Reputation: 1786
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
West Virginia is a participant in the 29 high level research university group that will insure Morgantown/NCWV is a prime location for doctoral university level research for decades to come...

WVU Joins Major Research Universities to Create Ultra-High-Speed Regional Networks - State Journal - STATEJOURNAL.com (http://statejournal.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=104264 - broken link)
Great news. Morgantown continues to lead the state in economic development and research. In the upcoming decades it will be the premier city of WV for sure.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2011, 06:37 PM
 
1,442 posts, read 2,351,255 times
Reputation: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Great news. Morgantown continues to lead the state in economic development and research. In the upcoming decades it will be the premier city of WV for sure.
WVU has been the hub of research for 4 decades. Regardless, Morgantown remains a dump, and always will.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2011, 06:55 PM
 
6,347 posts, read 8,893,172 times
Reputation: 1786
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAtoCNC View Post
WVU has been the hub of research for 4 decades. Regardless, Morgantown remains a dump, and always will.
Parts of it arent nice parts of it are. I wouldnt call Cheat Lake a dump, but Sunnyside for sure is a student ghetto.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2011, 06:57 PM
 
10,148 posts, read 13,273,374 times
Reputation: 1782
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAtoCNC View Post
WVU has been the hub of research for 4 decades. Regardless, Morgantown remains a dump, and always will.
Spoken by a gentleman whose idea of paradise is chew tobacco land... a place whose lasting contribution to mankind is lung cancer.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2011, 07:27 PM
 
1,442 posts, read 2,351,255 times
Reputation: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
Spoken by a gentleman whose idea of paradise is chew tobacco land... a place whose lasting contribution to mankind is lung cancer.
Tobacco Road and the Reseach Triangle - kinda of an odd combination, ain't it?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2011, 09:02 PM
 
10,148 posts, read 13,273,374 times
Reputation: 1782
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAtoCNC View Post
Tobacco Road and the Reseach Triangle - kinda of an odd combination, ain't it?
I'm sure the research triangle looks at Clayton as a sort of curiosity. Maybe it is an opportunity for them to study abnormalities?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2011, 09:36 PM
 
1,442 posts, read 2,351,255 times
Reputation: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
I'm sure the research triangle looks at Clayton as a sort of curiosity. Maybe it is an opportunity for them to study abnormalities?
Nah - they experiment on the student population at WVU - pays better than donating plasma - in exchange for allowing the study of brain abnormalities, they give each student a case of natty light and a couch to burn.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2011, 10:13 PM
 
10,148 posts, read 13,273,374 times
Reputation: 1782
That's not what I heard. I heard WVU combines research efforts with UNC to study the strange folks in Clayton to try to determine whether so many years of spitting cuds out on the sidewalks has led to increased incidents of abnormal abdominal gas. Early indications are that this is indeed the case. It results from unusually high levels of feces retention.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2011, 10:38 PM
 
1,442 posts, read 2,351,255 times
Reputation: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
That's not what I heard. I heard WVU combines research efforts with UNC to study the strange folks in Clayton to try to determine whether so many years of spitting cuds out on the sidewalks has led to increased incidents of abnormal abdominal gas. Early indications are that this is indeed the case. It results from unusually high levels of feces retention.
Actually UNC is researching how a university that has a 95% acceptance rate is able to graduate students that know how to read and write, let alone do research. Preliminary findings, as previously hypothesized, are that the issuance of degrees has no correlation to the students ability to cypher, but instead, there is a direct correlation between the size of the donation to Joe Manchin and the issuance of advanced diplomas.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top