Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 03-12-2013, 09:25 AM
 
1,889 posts, read 2,149,512 times
Reputation: 655

Advertisements

Research and Academics go hand in hand, they are not totally seperate from each other.

Has WVU released any final timelines or site plans for the area?

 
Old 03-12-2013, 09:30 AM
 
10,147 posts, read 15,041,303 times
Reputation: 1782
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeros71 View Post
Research and Academics go hand in hand, they are not totally seperate from each other.

Has WVU released any final timelines or site plans for the area?
There is some correlation at the doctoral level, although devoting too much time to research can detract from the teaching mission. It is important to maintain the proper balance. Many schools acclaimed to be excellent teaching institutions conduct virtually no research... Notre Dame and the US Military Academy at West Point, for example.
 
Old 03-12-2013, 09:34 AM
 
6,347 posts, read 9,874,162 times
Reputation: 1794
Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavoFring View Post
130Million > 174 Million ? And I'm the math failure?
10% > 19% ? And I'm the math failure?

The number of students do not matter. WVU's budget has exploded in recent years as they've gone for quantity over quality, and I wouldn't be surprised if the state of WV used to give WVU a greater percentage of their budget.

AND... I would be willing to bet that state funding for UVA has never exceeded 16% of their total budget. If someone can find those numbers, please share. I say this, because I know the initiative in 2004 was not to REDUCE state funding to UVA, but to leave it at a static level (aka 10-11%), as long as UVA never asks for more.

Damn man, you act like someone coming down of roids with all of your irrational arguments.
You want to bet?

How about you agree yo never post on this forum again if state funding for UVA never exceeds 16% I'll do the same.

Do we have a deal?

Also number of students does matter. The more students the more money a school needs.

You are acting like someone who doesn't understand math and basic reasoning.
 
Old 03-12-2013, 10:06 AM
 
939 posts, read 1,892,843 times
Reputation: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
You want to bet?

How about you agree yo never post on this forum again if state funding for UVA never exceeds 16% I'll do the same.

Do we have a deal?

Also number of students does matter. The more students the more money a school needs.

You are acting like someone who doesn't understand math and basic reasoning.
Jesus, roid-rage must be another symptom along with lack of clarity.
 
Old 03-12-2013, 10:09 AM
 
939 posts, read 1,892,843 times
Reputation: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
Notre Dame and the US Military Academy at West Point, for example.
Who are clearly our closest peers.
 
Old 03-12-2013, 10:15 AM
 
6,347 posts, read 9,874,162 times
Reputation: 1794
Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavoFring View Post
Jesus, roid-rage must be another symptom along with lack of clarity.
So you don't be making that bet.

Too bad.

I rest my case.

If accusing me of taking steroids make you feel better about being wrong while I was right than you are just being childish.

C'mon take that bet.
 
Old 03-12-2013, 11:02 AM
 
939 posts, read 1,892,843 times
Reputation: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
So you don't be making that bet.

Too bad.

I rest my case.

If accusing me of taking steroids make you feel better about being wrong while I was right than you are just being childish.

C'mon take that bet.
My friend, I will be taking part of no bets with someone as irrational as you. I'm not sure if you even bothered to read my previous posts or fact check the sources I posted, but based off of your responses, I suppose not. Being somewhat familiar with your postings, I would venture a guess that you've never been anywhere south of Clarksburg, or south of the Potomac, yet you spout off incessantly about the most inane crap I've ever read by any semi-literate person. If you were ever a member of the old WVU sports message board, I might even refer to you as VMF!

You can continue to live in your fantasy land where there is some grand scheme in Charleston to destroy everything related to WVU and Morgantown, and choose to ignore facts, but man, you're not convincing anyone but CT. I feel like when you get up in the morning, you call CT and tell him which topics you're going to troll that day, and he agrees to come in and back you up, while every other self respecting person that posts on this forum just rolls their eyes. If there were any level of moderation around here you'd already be on your 10th iteration of usernames (hell, you may already be for all I know).

No, I will let you live in a delusional place where Morgantown > Charleston & Pittsburgh, Culture = a new strip mall in Morgantown, 130 Million > 174 Million, 10% > 19%, Up is Down and Down is Up and just pray that whatever job you've managed to score in the DC metro is inconsequential enough so as to having no hope that it could affect national security or the economy.
 
Old 03-12-2013, 11:37 AM
 
10,147 posts, read 15,041,303 times
Reputation: 1782
Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavoFring View Post
Who are clearly our closest peers.
Wonderful, then troll on their boards and leave us stick to the topic here. The topic is the loop on the WVU Downtown Campus.
 
Old 03-12-2013, 11:53 AM
 
6,347 posts, read 9,874,162 times
Reputation: 1794
Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavoFring View Post
My friend, I will be taking part of no bets with someone as irrational as you. I'm not sure if you even bothered to read my previous posts or fact check the sources I posted, but based off of your responses, I suppose not. Being somewhat familiar with your postings, I would venture a guess that you've never been anywhere south of Clarksburg, or south of the Potomac, yet you spout off incessantly about the most inane crap I've ever read by any semi-literate person. If you were ever a member of the old WVU sports message board, I might even refer to you as VMF!

You can continue to live in your fantasy land where there is some grand scheme in Charleston to destroy everything related to WVU and Morgantown, and choose to ignore facts, but man, you're not convincing anyone but CT. I feel like when you get up in the morning, you call CT and tell him which topics you're going to troll that day, and he agrees to come in and back you up, while every other self respecting person that posts on this forum just rolls their eyes. If there were any level of moderation around here you'd already be on your 10th iteration of usernames (hell, you may already be for all I know).

No, I will let you live in a delusional place where Morgantown > Charleston & Pittsburgh, Culture = a new strip mall in Morgantown, 130 Million > 174 Million, 10% > 19%, Up is Down and Down is Up and just pray that whatever job you've managed to score in the DC metro is inconsequential enough so as to having no hope that it could affect national security or the economy.


You tried to argue and for schooled by facts. Now you are resorting to throwing a temper tantrum. This is usually the last stage in being wrong. Notice I do t need to resort to personal attacks.

If you have anything useful to add to the conversation please stay but if you are just going to pout I am going to ask you to leave. You did bring up some good points but you were wrong.

If I'm irrational make the bet. Surely you will stand by your beliefs? Let's stop kidding you looked it up and know I am right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread




Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown

All times are GMT -6.

¬© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top