Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2017, 01:59 PM

891 posts, read 1,053,298 times

Advertisements

Ive got a few of his songs among the thousands in my playlist, but I wouldnt call myself a big follower or anything, not enough to go to this concert. But it is pretty cool, I wish more people would come to the Coliseum to play. Bigger venue equals bigger everything else- atmosphere, money spent etc.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2017, 11:28 AM

83 posts, read 100,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt .45 View Post
I wish more people would come to the Coliseum to play.

My understanding is that acts that performing at the Coliseum are limited by the ridiculous curved ramp/tunnel that must be navigated to load/unload equipment. I imagine that this ramp limits the size of trucks that can be used to move equipment.

Old 02-20-2017, 02:21 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,041,303 times
It isn't, of course, primarily designed to be an entertainment venue. Still, Brad Paisley had 2 sell out shows there last year, and his stage setup is massive. They got it all in there somehow. It seats 14,000, but for shows they can only get around 10,000 in there due to the fact that seating behind the stage can't be sold.

Old 02-21-2017, 07:41 AM

1,854 posts, read 2,227,526 times
Following up on the Pittsburgh article about WVU Medicine, Moody's has officially given the bonds an A2 rating which is pretty good and is consistent with the other bond ratings WVU Medicine has previously received. The bonds supposedly will be used for hospital improvements, which is what the previous bonds to build the new tower were listed at. However according to the Moody's story I saw this morning, while the Pittsburgh paper reported 150 million in bonds, apparently the amount of bonds to be sold was bumped up to 180 million dollars. WVU medicine is definitely planning some major construction again.

Old 02-21-2017, 03:09 PM

1,854 posts, read 2,227,526 times
Another national recognition for WVU, this time in journalism.

"The "WVU News" team won first place in the Television Newscast category at the 2017 Festival of Media Arts competition. "WVU News" won the top honor out of more than 1,500 entries."

WVU student newscast wins first place in national competition | WVU Today | West Virginia University

Old 02-23-2017, 01:25 PM

334 posts, read 495,818 times
Those who work for WVU classified staff might want to take a gander at HB 2542. This basically turns WVU into its own private sector. Not good.

WV MetroNews – State’s colleges and universities seek more flexibility with staff

WV MetroNews – Higher ed pushes for more control over personnel decisions

WV MetroNews – Higher ed personnel bill clears committee

WV MetroNews – State’s colleges and universities seek more flexibility with staff

Old 02-24-2017, 12:57 PM

Can't disclose on here much but privatization of a certain self-sustainable WVU Department is currently in the works. RFP is expected to be out in the coming days. With this taking effect as early as July 1st. One hint. The company aiming for it is closer than you think. It's already in athletics.

Old 02-24-2017, 01:02 PM

I disagree. The reason is it would give WVU the ability to pay the market rate for employees instead of being tied to a statewide pay scale. In many fields, local salaries are higher here and being tied to the pay scale limits what they can do to attract talent. Organizations like Mylan and the Federal Government can obviously pay a lot more for similar work titles, making hiring difficult in some cases. This will help to correct that.

Old 02-24-2017, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
I disagree. The reason is it would give WVU the ability to pay the market rate for employees instead of being tied to a statewide pay scale. In many fields, local salaries are higher here and being tied to the pay scale limits what they can do to attract talent. Organizations like Mylan and the Federal Government can obviously pay a lot more for similar work titles, making hiring difficult in some cases. This will help to correct that.
But do you really think WVU would do that? For the faculty and non classified staff sure they will.

However, WVU will be in the process to privatize ALL classified staff in the not to distant future. I'm taking parking, maintenance, dining, etc. ALL of it.

Get your popcorn ready on Monday 10am for WVU's Campus Conversation in regards to HB 2542

Old 02-24-2017, 01:44 PM

I've heard administrators complain that it is very difficult to find workers for what the state payscale allows them to pay for some positions. I don't know about the privatization part, but with the insane reductions in appropriations anything is possible.

As you know, state government is like an albatross here in many ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown