Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2013, 01:10 AM

5 posts, read 5,703 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I recently accepted an Information Technology job in Morgantown, WV. My Wife and I have two large breed dogs and have decided to settle for an apartment at Timberline(Although, I have read some negative reviews... ). It was really hard to find a place at short notice that would allow our two dogs and fit our budget.

My question(s) is....any advice on the apartment complex? Any advice on where to not go walking at night? Anything about that particular area I should be aware of?

We move in on June 29. As long-time WVU fans we are very excited.
(We are from Ohio near WV border around Weirton/Wheeling border area.)

I am basically excited and thirsting for some information that could be helpful.

I appreciate your time. Thanks.

Last edited by Clickster; 06-18-2013 at 02:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2013, 07:50 AM

1,642 posts, read 2,406,720 times
Morgantown is generally safe at all times, so you shouldn't have to worry too much. Some areas of Star City (mostly to the South and West of you) probably should be avoided at night, but a lot of that is due to poor lighting as much as anything. The neighborhood next to you (to the South and East) is Suncrest, and is one of the nicer neighborhoods in the city. I run through both areas regularly and have never felt unsafe.

I don't know much about the apartment complex itself, but I'm sure there's worse in the area. You're right near the National Technology Energy Lab (NETL), which is a major employer and many workers live nearby. I'm pretty sure there is a bus line that comes out Collins Ferry Rd. as well, if that helps any.

You'll find Morgantown is a great place to live. Check out a few of the parks to take your dogs (Krepps, White, the rail trails) when you get here! Oh, and count your blessings that you're moving in before the students return in August. The city definitely gets livelier, but traffic can be a headache.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Old 06-18-2013, 08:31 PM

10,147 posts, read 14,977,124 times
I agree. This is a terrific place to live, and getting better all the time. That part of town has few problems, but there are really no unsafe places in Morgantown... some roudy places on weekends at times near the student areas, but essentially no crime and there is something for everyone here.

Old 06-23-2013, 03:42 PM

1 posts, read 1,277 times
I want to move back up there but i need to find a job first to come to.Ill have to work under the table an part time due to health, ive done paint & body work for 43 years an also do custom work as well. If anybody knows anyone that has a shop an needs help please give them my # 336-504-8612 my name is Darrel Carver Sr. an I think you very much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown