Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 07:11 AM

10,147 posts, read 15,035,127 times

Advertisements

The 1,400 acre development project at University Town Centre will include a 6 lane bridge tying together development on both sides of I-79 and facilitating access and egress from the to the highway.

Article - I-79 exit shared plans
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 09:10 AM

1,642 posts, read 2,419,745 times
Reading the title, I had hopes for the Mon River Bridge, but I knew that couldn't possibly be the case already.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elewis7 View Post
Reading the title, I had hopes for the Mon River Bridge, but I knew that couldn't possibly be the case already.
That would be great, along with a hiking/biking and a PRT component as part of it. The problem is with the bridges we have to depend on state planners, and we're lucky if they remember to put a road deck on it. They build everything Russian Gulag style.

Old 06-27-2013, 01:19 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,870,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
That would be great, along with a hiking/biking and a PRT component as part of it. The problem is with the bridges we have to depend on state planners, and we're lucky if they remember to put a road deck on it. They build everything Russian Gulag style.
What you referring to is brutalist architecture. It wasn't used in gulags but it is very common among soviet apartment complexes built between the 60s to the fall. to be fair the US isnt better with its boxy commercial buildings, cookie cutter houses, and neo-electic apartment buildings.

Old 06-27-2013, 02:35 PM

939 posts, read 1,892,012 times
Quote:
They build everything Russian Gulag style.
I would expect a man with your government fiscal ideology to want everything to be built as cheaply and utilitarian as possible... I thought anything built with government money was an extravagance that was fleecing taxpayers? Oh, that's right, that only applies to things YOU don't want.

Old 06-27-2013, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavoFring View Post
I would expect a man with your government fiscal ideology to want everything to be built as cheaply and utilitarian as possible... I thought anything built with government money was an extravagance that was fleecing taxpayers? Oh, that's right, that only applies to things YOU don't want.
I can't for the life of me imagine how you believe you know me, or anything about any ideology I might have. Doesn't someone from Virginia have better things to do than coming here trying to paint me in a bad light? I mean, it isn't as though you couldn't find anybody there to put down, is it?

Old 06-28-2013, 08:19 PM

Quote:
I can't for the life of me imagine how you believe you know me, or anything about any ideology I might have. Doesn't someone from Virginia have better things to do than coming here trying to paint me in a bad light? I mean, it isn't as though you couldn't find anybody there to put down, is it?
You're simply too easy.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavoFring View Post
You're simply too easy.
I'm not here to argue with you, or anybody else. I'm here to help folks learn about West Virginia. If you're looking for somebody as some sort of opponent on a message board, you've chosen the wrong person. I find that sort of thing to be a distraction, as I suspect do folks who come here seeking information. Calling people names is not what this is supposed to be about, and I hope you will join with me in developing an intellegent and mature format for posts.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:13 PM

Quote:
I'm not here to argue with you, or anybody else. I'm here to help folks learn about West Virginia. If you're looking for somebody as some sort of opponent on a message board, you've chosen the wrong person. I find that sort of thing to be a distraction, as I suspect do folks who come here seeking information. Calling people names is not what this is supposed to be about, and I hope you will join with me in developing an intellegent and mature format for posts.
Says the guy who calls everyone else a "bubble headed space cadet". As a Morgantown guy at heart, I find that I should be providing the counterpoint to your constant homerism. Since your name contains "CT" in it, I assume you've lived elsewhere. In fact, when you're not denigrating me for being an east coast liberal elitist, you're actually spending your time telling me how wrong I am because of how familiar you are with NYC (HAHAHA)

I'm here to simply point out to you that you're of the wrong generation, the ones who are holding less and less power. Oddly enough, you have this ideal that Motown should be this conservative college campus full of the best deer hunters NA can provide. It's hilarious to see your reaction as you realize that life is not as Faux news paints it. I'm mainly here to watch the trainwreck as you slowly come to the realization that motown is full of the same "bubble headed space cadets" that you despise. Plot twist, they look down on you just as much as the academics at UVA look down on the local yokels!

Motown is no longer the hick capital you hoped you retired to... you're a part of the problem CT. You can make fun of me, but you must understand that you're the sort that would be more likely to be holding up pictures of aborted late term abortions at the mountain lair rather than contributing to the U.

I'm getting pretty damn old myself... and you serve as an inspiration to me to not let me get too far ahead of myself...

good luck to you....

Old 06-28-2013, 11:34 PM

I've not called you anything, much less a space cadet. There are plenty of space cadets in northern Virginia, but not once have I called you one.

Your need to come here and provide negative comments (counterpoint as you call it) is befuddling to say the least. I have a hunch those who come here seeking information are not enlightened by the negativity.
I have always felt welcome in Morgantown, in spite of my age. In fact, in spite of the relatively young age of our average resident, Morgantown is known as one of the most senior friendly cities in the Nation. You really should get away from the delusion that is northern Virginia and come back for a visit. You'd find a rather compatible mix of people here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown