Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 08:39 PM

1,946 posts, read 4,070,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
WVUH is listed as the best Regional Hospital, but we don't have what they consider large metro areas in our little state. We are looking at different sites. Every region has a best regional hospital for that region.
Best Hospitals in the Mountain and Lakes region (WV) - US News Best Hospitals

Well yeah CT, of course WVUH is the best hospital in the Mountain Lakes region of WV. It's also disputable that its the best in all of WV. I am sure CAMC is the best hospital in the metro valley region of WV.

Yep, I decided to look and of course it is.

Best Hospitals in West Virginia - US News Best Hospitals

But in this discussion we, well maybe I shouldn't say we, at least I was referring to a multi-state region.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2013, 08:39 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,871,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkdashocker View Post
Once again, I have to explain this to you like I am talking to my 3 year old. Cry, you started this argument by making claims that WVUH was a mountain compared to anthills of other hospitals in the state and that there isn't another hospital in wv that even comes close to WVUH....Remember? Not only does CAMC come in reasonable 2nd to WVUH in specialization. But is much larger than WVUH in terms of all the categories I have already mentioned.

So, to summarize one more time for those in here that seem to picking up on what happened a little slow. poster on her has continued to make trolling posts. He gets butt hurt when facts show him he is wrong. And now he starts to spin and make it look like he is being attacked. Seen this episode before, lol.

The Mountain to anthill comparison was METAPHORICAL and was a reference to QUALITY and not size.

Coming in second doesnt mean you are close. If I can do 1000 pushups, you can do 20, the next person does 12, the person after him does 4, and after that everyone else does 1 or 0 you might have came in second but you still were vastly outperformed by me.

So to summarize another time, and I doubt this will be the last time as it takes a lot of effort, since some people cannot understand the basic facts is once again the facts show that WVU is much better than any other hospital in WV, which was my original statement.

Stop making this a personal issue against me. All I have done is stated the facts and the evidence once again agrees with me. Making personal attacks against me wont change that.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Well yeah CT, of course WVUH is the best hospital in the Mountain Lakes region of WV. It's also disputable that its the best in all of WV. I am sure CAMC is the best hospital in the metro valley region of WV.

But in this discussion we, well maybe I shouldn't say we, at least I was referring to a multi-state region.
Before commenting you should really bother to check the WV state rankings. The issue is you dont know the facts when you make these comments.

Once again the facts prove us right.

WV hospital rankings

Dont tell me I need to explain to you how these are all regions of WV and WVU is ranked #1 in WV?

Old 07-17-2013, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
We are being factual and I can back it up. Refer to CT's support.

Bigger does not better, nor does more people served. This list ranks quality not quanity or square footage.

Using your logic McDonalds has the best hamburgers in the world because they sell the most. Forget about taste. Likewise saying that a Walmart is better architecture than then Taj mahal because it has more square footage is also very debatable.

I made one claim, and the facts do back it up.
Give it up cry, I got you on this one. I found the data you over looked and blew up your entire argument. Your not going to fool a single poster on here to to thinking I'm somehow incorrect here. I never said that CAMC was better. In fact i just pointed out the facts that CAMC is bigger for now according to the same site you were pulling your data from.

Why don't you just wait until I carelessly try to pass something off as fact in a future thread and call me out on it then?

Old 07-17-2013, 08:53 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,036,538 times
Quote:

I don't think best in the state is disputable, but I will say that in some respects we are talking apples and oranges. In Charleston, CAMC is sort of the center of the universe in many ways and the vast majority of local business goes there. WVUH is, in many ways, a referral hospital with much of the local business going to Mon General and hospitals in Fairmont, Clarksburg, Uniontown, and Cumberland. You were correct that our state has no hospitals in large areas, but that is because there are no large areas. Also WVUH provides consulting and maintains a permanent presence at CAMC and several other hospitals in our state, including those in Parkersburg, Clarksburg, and Martinsburg. In most regards, it serves as the state's major medical warehouse of expertise. That shouldn't be surprising considering its mission.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Before commenting you should really bother to check the WV state rankings. The issue is you dont know the facts when you make these comments.

Once again the facts prove us right.

WV hospital rankings

Dont tell me I need to explain to you how these are all regions of WV and WVU is ranked #1 in WV?
I'm not surprised you don't know your regions of WV. Because over the course of the past two yours you have showed me that you really don't know much of anything. The metro valley is a region of WV along with the Mountain and Lakes Region. This is the site that CT used to say WVUH was ranked as the top regional hospital. No kidding its the top hospital in a few county radius!! LOL

There are also regions of the US, and WVUH nor CAMC make any of the US regional lists because there is not a large enough city to qualify. I am surprised I am still having to repeat this. You really should just go to bed and think of something else to torment people about tomorrow.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Give it up cry, I got you on this one. I found the data you over looked and blew up your entire argument. Your not going to fool a single poster on here to to thinking I'm somehow incorrect here. I never said that CAMC was better. In fact i just pointed out the facts that CAMC is bigger for now according to the same site you were pulling your data from.

Why don't you just wait until I carelessly try to pass something off as fact in a future thread and call me out on it then?

Give what up?

I said WVUH is the best hospital in WV and you agree. I never said it was the biggest, this is irrelevant to the argument. You are trying to argue quantity == quality but that is not true.

I have one argument and you agree with it so how exactly did you "blow it up?"

I think you are confused about something.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:57 PM

4,952 posts, read 8,946,075 times
Silk, here's another link you and other people looking for quality healthcare might like. It's from Health Grades which ranks hospitals not just by specialities provided, but by outcomes of those specialities. Notice which hospitals rank high and which rank lower. Again, the list is ranked by the number of awards for quality in outcomes.

Facilities in , West Virginia (WV) - Hospital Ratings, Cost, Length of Stay, Affiliated Physicians, More...

Old 07-17-2013, 08:58 PM

Quote:
I'm not surprised you don't know your regions of WV. Because over the course of the past two yours you have showed me that you really don't know much of anything. The metro valley is a region of WV along with the Mountain and Lakes Region. This is the site that CT used to say WVUH was ranked as the top regional hospital. No kidding its the top hospital in a few county radius!! LOL

There are also regions of the US, and WVUH nor CAMC make any of the US regional lists because there is not a large enough city to qualify. I am surprised I am still having to repeat this. You really should just go to bed and think of something else to torment people about tomorrow.
I dont think you understand this but all these regions are part of WV. These regions make up WV. WV is the best hospital in ALL of WV. Being ranked the highest does not mean a hospital is the best in WV, but being ranked as the best hospital in all of WV does mean that that hospital is better than all the other hospitals, and therefore it is better than all other hospitals within WV regardless of their regional ranking.

I think you should read up on set membership and basic mathematics.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey1138 View Post
Silk, here's another link you and other people looking for quality healthcare might like. It's from Health Grades which ranks hospitals not just by specialities provided, but by outcomes of those specialities. Notice which hospitals rank high and which rank lower. Again, the list is ranked by the number of awards for quality in outcomes.

Facilities in , West Virginia (WV) - Hospital Ratings, Cost, Length of Stay, Affiliated Physicians, More...
I dont think you understand. US news is ranking hospitals by quality of the specialities that is how they get high achieving. In a hospital you cant really rank outcome because quality of care doesnt always effect outcome. The reason Huntington is ranked so high is because nobody goes there for serious problems since the quality is terrible. So yes patients have good outcomes but the quality still is bad, they arent even ranked by US News.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown