U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 01:02 PM

2,290 posts, read 3,421,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaineer hots View Post
Hello my name is Jason and owner of Mountaineer Hots.. It has been a long road but will be open hopefully in January. We will be featuring red hots 100% beef and white hots 100% pork. Best hot dogs in NY. We will also feature a Mountaineer plate which consist of a plate of food with homemade Mac salad, homefries, and baked beans topped off with either 2 hotdogs 2 cheesburgs 2 hamburgs, 2 grilled chicken or 2 Italian sausages. We will also have fryer food such as French fries, homefries, mozzarella sticks, chicken fingers, mushrooms etc. We look forward to serving Morgantown with this unique food. GUARANTEED to be the best hot dogs in town. Can't wait to see you there!! Mountaineer Hots is also on facebook, please like and share!! Happy holidays
Sounds like Rochester cuisine.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2014, 07:18 PM

193 posts, read 248,042 times
I also noticed the hotdog signage was taken down. Interesting thing is that there is now signage up for a Greek restaurant that sells Gyros.

Old 03-20-2014, 08:57 PM

Just an update. I talked to the owner of Mountaineer Hots and he is planning to open the restaurant is an alternate location. He said the Location on Beechurst was a nightmare from the beginning and indicated it was the building owner that is causing the issues there. Which explains why everything is moving along so slowly.

Old 03-20-2014, 09:03 PM

10,148 posts, read 13,268,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchunk View Post
Just an update. I talked to the owner of Mountaineer Hots and he is planning to open the restaurant is an alternate location. He said the Location on Beechurst was a nightmare from the beginning and indicated it was the building owner that is causing the issues there. Which explains why everything is moving along so slowly.
Interesting. So, did he give any indication as to where that alternate location might be?

Seems possible to me that part of the issue might be that the Chicos might want to limit food offerings in that location so as to maximize an advantage for themselves? Time will tell.

Old 03-21-2014, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
Interesting. So, did he give any indication as to where that alternate location might be?

Seems possible to me that part of the issue might be that the Chicos might want to limit food offerings in that location so as to maximize an advantage for themselves? Time will tell.
No other than to say they are looking at some potential locations now. He said they moved here in august 2012 with promises they could be opened shortly there after but its now 2014 and they had to pull the plug on that location. Said they lost thousands of dollars and lots of time because of that development. But he assured me they will be opening a Mountaineer Hots in Morgantown somewhere.

Old 03-21-2014, 05:12 AM

664 posts, read 926,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post

I thought Chicos sold this lot to the development group, meaning that they have no involvement and likely no control in the tenant decisions. It is just coincidence that they decided to open an ice cream shop in the same building, eventually..

Old 03-21-2014, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam36 View Post
I thought Chicos sold this lot to the development group, meaning that they have no involvement and likely no control in the tenant decisions. It is just coincidence that they decided to open an ice cream shop in the same building, eventually..
Perhaps, ... I had the impression they retained some financial interest in the project. The ice cream store was announced at the same time as the development, if I'm recalling correctly. Since they owned the land, it is logical.

Old 03-21-2014, 09:58 AM

483 posts, read 486,893 times
Beechview Place was one of the slowest developments in recent time in Morgantown.

Old 03-22-2014, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EerWax View Post
Beechview Place was one of the slowest developments in recent time in Morgantown.
I don't know about the management there, but the place is huge and seemingly well built. In that location, it is going to have a lot of activity when they get it going.

Old 03-22-2014, 04:23 PM

4 posts, read 3,989 times
Can anyone tell me why my posts get deleted withen minutes of posting them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
View detailed profiles of: