U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2016, 08:40 AM

334 posts, read 439,421 times

Advertisements

I'd be OK with the 8th Street option. It would spur development/revitalization up and down the Westover Riverfront. It could also help Granville tax base as well since it's part of the UTC. It can connect the Western part of the County (which frankly should be a distribution/industrial hub) to Morgantown through those 3 cities.

The next best option would have been where the Practice Facility/Tennis Courts are now. Since the PF was built 5 years ago its no use now short of cutting through the Arboretum which is a non-starter.

We'll see how it all works out.
Rate this post positively

Old 02-29-2016, 07:42 PM

75 posts, read 101,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David1WVU View Post
I can see and agree with points on both sides of the argument about the arboretum and its imporatance. Personally, I would like to see a happy medium reached. A new span across the river is desperately needed and will have to built somewhere; regardless, as the area's traffic demand has surpassed the limits of the current infrastructure. If it makes the most sense to build it over and through the arboretum, then so be it. I'm confident thorough research and planning will be utilized to make sure the impact is as minimal as possible. I hope that given this opportunity, the bridge design will be something that can be a point of pride for the area. I'm no engineer, but a large suspension bridge would look nice in my opinion.
That's what I was thinking! Why can't there be a happy middle ground? Lets go with something that really fits beautifully into nature and is pleasing to the eye instead of your typical concrete mass. Maybe something like this:

Old 03-01-2016, 06:36 AM

1,842 posts, read 1,787,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine5811MP View Post
That's what I was thinking! Why can't there be a happy middle ground? Lets go with something that really fits beautifully into nature and is pleasing to the eye instead of your typical concrete mass. Maybe something like this:
That would be great, I'd happily pay a levy (to fund the bridge) if they made the bridge a focal point and not some piece of garbage.

Old 03-07-2016, 08:23 AM

242 posts, read 308,373 times
There is an article in today's DP about new stores and restaurants coming to UTC.

The new store at the end of the older section is confirmed as Lane Bryant.

Open, or opening soon are the ones we already know about-Ulta, five Below, Sleep Number, GNC, and AC Moore.

Listed as under construction are Buffalo Wild Wings Freedom Ford KIA, Fusion Steakhouse and Kirkland's.

Courtyard Marriott is scheduled to open by the end of the month.

Also announced are Pizza Al's and FIREHOUSE SUBS.

Old 03-07-2016, 12:50 PM

858 posts, read 830,346 times
Firehouse Subs right on!, never ate at one of them before.....Im sorry but i dont get the fascination with Pizaa Al's......friggin nasty.....

Old 03-07-2016, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt .45 View Post
Firehouse Subs right on!, never ate at one of them before.....Im sorry but i dont get the fascination with Pizaa Al's......friggin nasty.....
Out of curiosity what is your favorite pizza?

Old 03-07-2016, 01:58 PM

577 posts, read 546,085 times
Quote:

Pizza Al's is fantastic

Old 03-07-2016, 03:01 PM

858 posts, read 830,346 times
Quote:
Out of curiosity what is your favorite pizza?
Menu

As far as Morgantown goes, Pizza Al's is the only thing local we've tried, didnt like it...so we usually make our own at home....IF we ever decide to get delivery, of the big 3 chains we would go with Papa John's, but I think its been at least 4 years since we've gone that route.....Digiorno frozen pizzas just for quick weekday foods, or the take n bake walmart pizzas (not very good, butyou get ALOT of meat and its a HUGE pizza for $10).......

Old 03-07-2016, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Menu

As far as Morgantown goes, Pizza Al's is the only thing local we've tried, didnt like it...so we usually make our own at home....IF we ever decide to get delivery, of the big 3 chains we would go with Papa John's, but I think its been at least 4 years since we've gone that route.....Digiorno frozen pizzas just for quick weekday foods, or the take n bake walmart pizzas (not very good, butyou get ALOT of meat and its a HUGE pizza for $10).......
I would recommend trying Mountain State Brewing Company on the wharf. They have great wood fired pizza.

Old 03-07-2016, 08:59 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,787,186 times
Quote:
I would recommend trying Mountain State Brewing Company on the wharf. They have great wood fired pizza.
Best buffalo chicken pizza I have had.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown