Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 03:31 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,035,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lydiainflorida View Post
That's not true - Kohl's was rumored to be moving into University Town Center next to Premier Chevrolet. Haven't heard any updates in a while so I'm not sure what happened to that.
Town Centre may add Kohl’s, salon
Well, that's good. I just know that nationally Sears, Montgomery Wards, Penny's etc. are not doing very well and have been closing stores. I hope they do put one in. Maybe Kohl's is different?

Old 02-06-2014, 03:40 PM

32 posts, read 59,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
Well, that's good. I just know that nationally Sears, Montgomery Wards, Penny's etc. are not doing very well and have been closing stores. I hope they do put one in. Maybe Kohl's is different?
Keep in mind that Dominion Post article was dated back in 2011 - originally posted here by you

Old 02-07-2014, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lydiainflorida View Post
Keep in mind that Dominion Post article was dated back in 2011 - originally posted here by you
LOL ... I have to admit my memory isn't anywhere near as good as it was once. Thanks for point that out.

Old 03-11-2014, 05:22 AM

9,677 posts, read 9,373,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
Kohl's will do just fine. They offer more variety, more stylish, more affordable clothing and an updated format compared to those stores. They make every effort to offer great customer service and shopping experience. J.C. Penney's and Sears will be memories in the near future.

Old 03-14-2014, 08:34 AM

671 posts, read 1,056,884 times
Here's a WBOY report on the new WVUH outpatient facility. They've started moving ground and they show a cartoon of what the building will look like.

Construction Begins on Newest WVU Hospitals Project - WBOY.com: Clarksburg, Morgantown: News, Sports, Weather

And here's a link to a WVUH website that has the same image of the new building in the header.

WVU Healthcare Outpatient Center | WVU Healthcare

Old 03-14-2014, 10:25 AM

Impressive. They announced that they expect to see more than 100,000 patients at the new location every year, and moving it out there frees up valuable campus space that can be utilized for teaching purposes. The University is simply outgrowing the confines of the current campus land area and is moving ancillary functions to off campus sites. Most of this is coming about because of a new emphasis on graduate programs and research.

The location on the north side of town will help draw patients from PA too. They already have thousands of those, but we have to remember Pitt has a very extensive medical program and there are people in the areas between Morgantown and Pittsburgh who decide where to seek treatment based on a number of competitive factors, including convenience. The Pitt facilities are all on the east side of the tunnels, and that makes it a real project to get there during daylight hours. The convenience offered by the new U. Town Centre location will help entice some of those Washington County patients to get treatment here rather than fight downtown Pittsburgh traffic during daytime, further growing WVU Healthcare.

Old 07-13-2014, 04:07 PM

4 posts, read 5,400 times
WVU Healthcare Outpatient Center webcam

https://m.oxblue.com/open/WVU/Outpatient

Old 07-14-2014, 08:17 AM

I was on Forbes Ave. in Pittsburgh the other day and remember thinking how fortunate we are here in Morgantown in many respects. Pitt has a huge healthcare apparatus there on the edge of their main campus (they employ 50,000 there), and their buildings are actually interspersed among some really crappy slum buildings, and the whole area looks at best dirty and worn out, at worst dangerous. I stopped in a local eatery about 3 blocks from their notorious Cathedral of Learning for breakfast, and had the feeling that I needed to keep my hand on my wallet the whole time. There were a lot of people in the vicinity, but the feeling was a whole lot less vibrant than what can be sensed in Morgantown.

Old 08-16-2014, 11:16 AM

491 posts, read 609,749 times
Looks like the pad next to the furniture store will be built on this fall. New sign up that says 60k+ square feet will be available in 2015. Perfect for a mid sized department store.

Old 08-18-2014, 05:21 PM

250 posts, read 331,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EerWax View Post
Looks like the pad next to the furniture store will be built on this fall. New sign up that says 60k+ square feet will be available in 2015. Perfect for a mid sized department store.
Interestingly enough I found this:

University Town Centre Phase II — Morgantown, WV | Interstate Development

It lists a Home Goods Store but there is no Home Goods Store there....maybe coming soon?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown