Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2015, 03:51 PM

1,854 posts, read 2,227,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D T WV MOUNTAINS View Post
if we ever do get a Costco it will probably be in a new upscale shopping center. i believe eventually there will be 1-3 located in the state. one somewhere in north central West Virginia, one in eastern panhandle, and one in the Charleston, Huntington area. how long who knows. we are always last to get anything.
I agree, I could see Costco and a Home Depot being located in an upper scale shopping center area, maybe suncrest area. Who knows. If am really dreaming about a new shopping center on that side of town, maybe a new movie theatre, like alamo draft house, Whole Foods and a Dave and Busters. Does anyone know if anything is planned for the land diagonally across from Suncrest Town Center (the land across there road from WVU farm)?

Old 10-18-2015, 02:08 PM

632 posts, read 831,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUmatt View Post
I agree, I could see Costco and a Home Depot being located in an upper scale shopping center area, maybe suncrest area. Who knows. If am really dreaming about a new shopping center on that side of town, maybe a new movie theatre, like alamo draft house, Whole Foods and a Dave and Busters. Does anyone know if anything is planned for the land diagonally across from Suncrest Town Center (the land across there road from WVU farm)?
For anything to be developed there, the West Run Expressway would have to be built first. There is zero chance of any commercial development with the infrastructure in place

Old 10-18-2015, 06:05 PM

456 posts, read 602,624 times
if we ever do get a costco or another shopping center it is likely to be near 79 or 68.

Old 11-01-2015, 06:55 PM

120 posts, read 151,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murph3000 View Post
You heard it here first...Kirkland's, AC Moore, 5 Below and Ulta are going to be the big companies coming in there to that little section being built. Kirkland's, I have a feeling, is going to be a huge business.
Color me unimpressed. Haven't heard of any of those places and it looks like we already have plenty of stores that sell the same type of stuff.

Old 11-01-2015, 06:58 PM

891 posts, read 1,053,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceantide83 View Post
Color me unimpressed. Haven't heard of any of those places and it looks like we already have plenty of stores that sell the same type of stuff.
5 below is pretty cool (at least the one Ive been to back in TX was) but otherwise I agree....but, any growth is better than stagnation...

Old 11-01-2015, 07:49 PM

most of the stores listed are for woman. all will be a good addition to the local area. i can go in any mall and only ever go in one out of ten stores there but that doesn't mean other people wouldn't enjoy them. they wouldn't be coming if they didn't think they were going to make it. once they do others will follow!!!!! Kirklands used to have stores in wv and left so its nice they are coming back. its a nice home fixtures and picture store.

Old 11-02-2015, 10:26 AM

75 posts, read 118,270 times
Quote:
What planet are you from? How have you never heard of Kirkland's?

Old 11-02-2015, 10:32 AM

75 posts, read 118,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D T WV MOUNTAINS View Post
most of the stores listed are for woman.
That's a pretty far fetched statement... While it may be true that more women frequent stores like AC Moore and Kirkland's than men, I've personally shopped at both and have seen numerous men in both places... I don't believe either store's target audience is women but instead crafty and homey people in general.

Old 11-02-2015, 10:58 AM

yes i love Kirkland's also. not real artsy but many people love A.C. Moore. never been to five below even though like one of the previous comments i lived in Texas also. will be anxious to see what other stores come.

Old 11-03-2015, 06:11 PM

250 posts, read 331,801 times
Quote:
Not trying to be a jerk here but...what exactly were you expecting? What would have impressed you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown