Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 12:09 AM

10,147 posts, read 15,008,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by abwvu1 View Post
There's a reason restaurants on the Wharf District do not last long. It's a shame too since WVU headquarters (One Waterfront Place) are close by. Heck there even use to be a Subway there a few years back and it CLOSED. Only Oliverio's seem to be doing fine there.

I've tried Woodburn Shanks and the meat is excellent but you're correct about the lack of ideal sides.

Primanti's you even love it or hate it. Depending on your viewpoint on Pittsburgh, in general, I guess.
Actually, the West Virginia Brewing Company (next door to Olivario's) is doing a booming business. Remember, the hotel has two good restaurants too. That is not the sort of crowd for a Subways down there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2014, 12:25 PM

191 posts, read 305,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
Actually, the West Virginia Brewing Company (next door to Olivario's) is doing a booming business. Remember, the hotel has two good restaurants too. That is not the sort of crowd for a Subways down there.

theres always a use for quick and affordable sandwiches to grab for lunch. just saying

Old 04-12-2014, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MischiefWV View Post
theres always a use for quick and affordable sandwiches to grab for lunch. just saying
I suppose so. There are what... 3 law firms with offices there plus The University Foundation's offices? I believe that is an outstanding place to locate an office, but they are building new digs for businesses outside of the city limits seemingly as quickly as they can, and there is a strong incentive for businesses to avoid business taxes. Some of the available space in the Wharf District might not fill up until the Biaforas get tired of building new stuff? But, it will fill up, and when it does, maybe you are right and a fast food outlet will get some traction. The lawyers and fund managers seem to want more upscale offerings.

Old 04-16-2014, 02:28 PM

334 posts, read 494,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
I recall going to Mountain State Brewery a couple years back to see Brothers Short band and Deniz Kilicli play guitar (and did a decent job at it). I can't believe I didn't remember that name. Prolly because of the strong brew I drank that night.

Old 04-17-2014, 07:19 PM

1,442 posts, read 2,559,441 times
Where's Sheetz and their 99 cent hot dogs? Definitely a big plus for Motown. And don't forget 5 Guys!!!!

Last edited by RVAtoCNC; 04-17-2014 at 07:49 PM..

Old 04-17-2014, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAtoCNC View Post
Where's Sheetz and their 99 cent hot dogs? Definitely a big plus for Motown. And don't forget 5 Guys!!!!
Somebody said Granny's Hot Dogs was the biggest thing ever to happen in Clayton, NC ... we're waiting with baited breath for them to open one up here.

Old 05-02-2014, 04:53 AM

6 posts, read 7,199 times
Truthfully, the wharf area would do well if the"parking perception " was favorable. There are garages on both ends of the street and a lot of people don't know they exist. This area could be really trendy but until the middle areas of that street developes and makes use of the vacant lots , I feel it will stay a lack luster area to take the time to visit.

Old 05-02-2014, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvmorgantown View Post
Truthfully, the wharf area would do well if the"parking perception " was favorable. There are garages on both ends of the street and a lot of people don't know they exist. This area could be really trendy but until the middle areas of that street developes and makes use of the vacant lots , I feel it will stay a lack luster area to take the time to visit.
West Virginia Brewing Co. and Olivarios both do booming businesses. I see what you mean about vacant lots, and doing something with that warehouse facility between the brewing Co. and the Lebanese Bistro would help too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown