U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2015, 07:43 AM

1,642 posts, read 2,098,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam36 View Post
Where does this development stand, in terms of progress? Are they still fighting for approval, despite having been awarded that once? I'm confused as to why site prep hasn't started.
I'm not sure. Have you contacted the project manager to find out?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2015, 07:31 AM

664 posts, read 926,365 times
The developer hasn't returned my questions, but I've spoken with the director of the daycare at the adjacent church -- she cannot get the company to return her inquiries. Previously they had pledged to assist the daycare build a new playground contingent upon them getting approvals and constructing their building. Though I haven't confirmed, the building hasn't fully been approved yet because they failed to provide Dept. of Highways approval. It's possible that CA (the company that has proposed the new structure) has grown weary of dumping more money into this site just to have the plans crushed, though it would seem that they've probably already put a lot of money into the site... They've not yet purchased the VFW site. However, I haven't seen any sales signs on the lot or existing building, so my guess is that CA might have bought a sales option on it.

Old 02-18-2015, 08:30 AM

1,642 posts, read 2,098,250 times
Quote:
The developer hasn't returned my questions, but I've spoken with the director of the daycare at the adjacent church -- she cannot get the company to return her inquiries. Previously they had pledged to assist the daycare build a new playground contingent upon them getting approvals and constructing their building. Though I haven't confirmed, the building hasn't fully been approved yet because they failed to provide Dept. of Highways approval. It's possible that CA (the company that has proposed the new structure) has grown weary of dumping more money into this site just to have the plans crushed, though it would seem that they've probably already put a lot of money into the site... They've not yet purchased the VFW site. However, I haven't seen any sales signs on the lot or existing building, so my guess is that CA might have bought a sales option on it.
Did you contact CA or Lisa Mardis with Project Management Services? She's the one I talked to a while back and was very forthright with details.

Old 02-18-2015, 12:51 PM

334 posts, read 437,065 times
Quote:
Maybe David Biafora whacked all of them. No joke.

Old 02-19-2015, 12:09 AM

10,148 posts, read 13,273,374 times
They didn't answer me last time I contacted them either. Looks like the project is dead, and that is a real shame. Alfred E. Neumann could do a better job of running the city that the current crop of retards. What's really bad is only 2 people have stepped forward to oppose them in the upcoming election, so it looks like the Old Guard will solidify its hold on things and force development to continue to take place outside of city limits.

Old 02-19-2015, 04:46 PM

235 posts, read 260,686 times
If this is true and this isn't built that will be really sad. The VFW site needs replaced because it isnt used and that is a prime property for what they were going to build... Who can I contact to get info on this? This is a real shame

Old 02-20-2015, 12:57 AM

989 posts, read 2,053,261 times
After all that...I'd be very ticked to see this not be built if indeed it was held up by the wonder crew.

Old 02-20-2015, 08:29 AM

334 posts, read 437,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wvu2016 View Post
If this is true and this isn't built that will be really sad. The VFW site needs replaced because it isnt used and that is a prime property for what they were going to build... Who can I contact to get info on this? This is a real shame
David Biafora. Metro Property Management. He's the evil man behind all this.

Old 02-20-2015, 08:44 AM

10,148 posts, read 13,273,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abwvu1 View Post
David Biafora. Metro Property Management. He's the evil man behind all this.
I strongly disagree with his position, but I would stop short of calling him evil. From his point of view, you can't blame him for trying to protect his interests, and he has done a HUGE amount of positive development in our area. I want this project for our area very much, but I can understand why he doesn't. It is added nearby competition for him. I'm just going to keep trying to push it forward. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to contact the VFW officers.

Old 02-20-2015, 09:57 AM

9 posts, read 14,870 times
Project is back on the 3/12/15 Planning Commission agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown