U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 12:40 AM

10,148 posts, read 13,262,602 times

Advertisements

It is supposedly tied up with the state DoH awaiting a highway access permit. In our state, money talks politically and it is likely opponents who wish to restrict competition reached the right people to tie the thing up in the permit process.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2017, 04:32 PM

124 posts, read 133,556 times
According to "James," a caller on yesterdays WAJR morning talk show, the VFW project developers have decided to back out. If this is the case, I wonder if that street corner will ever be redeveloped?

Old 12-21-2017, 11:55 PM

10,148 posts, read 13,262,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog72 View Post
According to "James," a caller on yesterdays WAJR morning talk show, the VFW project developers have decided to back out. If this is the case, I wonder if that street corner will ever be redeveloped?
If this is true, it is a real shame. I smell a rat here. The only holdup was a highway access permit. My very strong hunch ... political interference in our corrupt state government.

Old 01-04-2018, 10:51 AM

186 posts, read 136,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
If this is true, it is a real shame. I smell a rat here. The only holdup was a highway access permit. My very strong hunch ... political interference in our corrupt state government.
And this is one of the biggest reasons that WV will never be any more that a relative 3rd world state (relative to most others)

The powers that be are fine with Morgantown continuing to become (more) of a dump as long as their pockets are lined.

Old 01-09-2018, 12:22 AM

98 posts, read 97,465 times
That's probably James the landlord . He know what's up .
To think what we could have had at this corner and where Vic's Towing is located compared to what we have now .

Old 01-09-2018, 05:20 PM

235 posts, read 270,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron from Morgantown View Post
That's probably James the landlord . He know what's up .
To think what we could have had at this corner and where Vic's Towing is located compared to what we have now .
Come on Ron. Vic's is a WONDERFUL addition to the downtown Morgantown Utopian landscape.

Old 01-10-2018, 09:25 AM

68 posts, read 44,759 times
I am involved in student housing rentals and have friends that focus on non-student housing rentals (none of them the big boys of Morgantown), but I wonder if the VFW project fell through due to an over saturation of units in Morgantown.

Some of the buildings are sitting at 50% occupancy.

Old 01-11-2018, 09:06 AM

567 posts, read 532,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer1871 View Post
I am involved in student housing rentals and have friends that focus on non-student housing rentals (none of them the big boys of Morgantown), but I wonder if the VFW project fell through due to an over saturation of units in Morgantown.

Some of the buildings are sitting at 50% occupancy.
I believe this more than anything above. Morgantown is way overbuilt at the moment

Old 01-11-2018, 09:15 AM

1,842 posts, read 1,766,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 304eer View Post
I believe this more than anything above. Morgantown is way overbuilt at the moment
I'd agree on certain things, but my fiancé and I are looking for a town house to rent right now and it is insanely hard to find one that isn't over $1200 or looks like it is about to collapse. Hopefully if there is over saturation in student rentals, some of the neighborhoods now flooded with rental units start returning to single family housing and some of the more rundown properties are torn down to be rebuilt with nicer buildings so they can better compete and finally I would love to see (never going to happen) rental prices go down.

Old 01-11-2018, 09:45 AM

412 posts, read 394,965 times
the city definitely needs more affordable housing for young adults not college students. I think the college housing will balance out soon but Morgantown has a serious problem with affordable housing. A reasonably priced housing complex of either homes,town homes or apartments would be full before they opened. they are probably going to have to be built out of city limits to be kept affordable which is sad and something the city needs to address. i'm glad to see more elderly housing being built but Morgantown and West Virginia are woefully behind everywhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown